Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW ACT, NSW. Ps test.

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by coxc, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Edit: I sold my cbr, so now I'll just have to get familiar with the f650.
    Such a pain in the ass that Queanbeyan only runs them sporadically, I may have to ride 4 hours of great roads out to wollongong to get my Ps. Least I can run in the new tyres.

I need to do my Ps test before the 19th of next month, I have a NSW learners, but am currently living in the ACT. The closest RTA (RMS) at Queanbeyan seems to only run tests monthly and has just been run.

I cant transfer Ls to ACT, so will need to do it after I get NSWs Ps which I'd like to get ASAP so I can sell the bike, and pay off the new one sooner.

At this point what are my options, besides traveling all the way back to Newy?
    Do private companys run Ps tests aswell as the official RTA ones?

I'm also selling my cbr250r as soon as possible, as Im buying an f650gs, so I'd like to do the test on the cbr so I'm not on an unfamilar bike.

I'm hopeless with this kind of stuff, any advice would be great.

2. Thanks for the link, the problem is there seems to be only a dozen places in all of NSW, at a minimum of 2.5hrs to get to the closest ones (aside from Queanbeyan) That's looking to be at least a 15hr day. Oh well, pity you can get your Ps at a private training place. Seems silly.