Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[ACT] No more parking outside the new Canberra Centre

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by tenacious, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Hey guys,
    No doubt a few of the Canberra guys would have noticed that the motorbike parking outside the new Canberra Centre now ceases to exist, as some bright spark has decided to put barriers there instead.

My question is what's the deal (i.e. why did they do that), and does anyone know whether they'll be opening the spaces up to bikes again?
  2. The road is going to be opened up for traffic with short term parking where the barriers now are. So when it opens, go there, park right in the middle of one so only you can fit, and waste some space for them. A bunch of us Canberrans have been discussing it here: http://tinyurl.com/2rderu
  3. Yeah whats with putting those barriers there??? Now blocking anyone from parking! That was gold seeing all the bikes parked there, knew it wasn't going to last forever though. :evil:
  4. Bit of a cynic then GS5hundy, eh?
  5. That was a cool carpark. And now it is gone. I especially liked how only bikes could get in there. That just made it even cooler!
  6. Ha! Nah, just a realist when it comes to bikes and the government!