Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[ACT Netriders] Starbucks meets?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by sonja, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anyone in the ACT interested in regular meets at Starbucks?

2. atta girl sonja :grin:

Now you Canberra slackers, get out and support it :evil:
  3. so how many of us Netriders are there in ACT?

I can't make regular meets due to work demands but the Mrs and I would both be up for rides when we can.
  4. According to the Userlist, there's more than 50 people who give their location as Canberra or ACT....
  5. I'll be keen to meet up with other Netriders once I move down to Canberra (hopefully around beginning of September).
  6. Hi Sonja
    I am a commuter biker, and at the moment, due to a lot of things, would find hard to make a commitment to regular meetings. This said, I hope you get a great response, because it is a great idea! Cheers :cool:
  7. Newcastle syndrome! :LOL: Love the Starbucks chunky pies.......

Regards, Andrew.
  8. typhoon: The only starbucks I know of here is in the city centre. Makes a great meeting place.
  9. Check out their website, there are a couple more and I think a few more planned! I was doing research for possibly living in Canberra, that's how I know. :LOL:

Regards, Andrew.
  10. So they are!

And Manuka is considered "trendy" and close-ish to the centre of town. Gungahlin is WAY up northside (I'm a southsider), but the city one is great. The Bookcrossers meet there every week, so there's always books to read there.
  11. I could be in for that!

The good thing about the city one is you can leave your bike just near king o'malley pub and don't have to worry about parking ;)
  12. I wouldn't advise that.

Last time I saw a motorbike parked there, it had a small yellow envelope on it...
  13. Not sure why they would do that.
    I've parked there before on a sunday arvo having a light beer or two for a few hours without problem.
  14. I couldn't say for sure why they did, but there's plenty of Motorbike parking spots in the city.
  15. Hey Sonja - I'll be in on that!
  16. I'm planning on joining GOTM early next year, too.

Next question is what night?

I'm busy Monday nights unless it's held between 4:30 and 6:30pm.
  17. Tuesday nights are generally no good for me. How about a Wednesday?
  18. Sounds good to me!

Can't make it tonight, though, the bike's in no condition to go far, and sitting in the garage until tomorrow.

what time? 5:30 okay for you? I don't want to make it too late.
  19. Yeah 5:30 would be fine for me, as long as I don't get stuck at work

So should we do it next Wednesday?
  20. Certainly!

I look forward to it!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.