Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ACT Learner Licence Moving to QLD

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by npw112, May 24, 2012.

  1. I currently have a full ACT Driver's licence (held for over 3 years) and an ACT learner motorcycle licence. This is the second time I have had a learner motorcycle licence (they last two years in the ACT) as I let it expire. I am 23 years old.

    I am looking to move to QLD later in the year and am wondering how I should play this The objective is too be able to ride a non-LAMS bike as soon as possible.

    1) Get an my ACT P's before I move to QLD?
    2) Transfer my ACT L's to QLD?

    Someone told me I could go opens straight from L's in QLD if I have an open car licence (could be BS)

    Any feedback would be great

  2. true in the past but not now.

    Do it in ACT first is better, I think.
    In Qld you can convert to a local license then do a Q-Ride course the next day to get your RE license. (LAMS bikes)

    Then you wait a year and test again to get R license.
  3. If you have to wait a year on the RE in qld then i would say it wont make a huge difference, just get your Ps as soon as you can then move to qld and they will likely give you the balance of your ps onto your RE.

    i dont think that you will be able to do any of the auto jump to 1000cc stuff up in qld, i would say you would need to be older maybe 25.
  4. Use to be 25. And yeah if you had an open car you could go your unrestricted.
    Pretty silly as the GS500 is easier to ride than the CB250's
    They chopped that one back in ...I think 08.
    Be very careful and check your QLD license when you get one. The RTA are great at leaving off motorcycle and marine licenses. And once you leave that counter....good luck getting it changed
  5. I'm going the other way, from QLD (With Open RE licence and Open Car licence) to ACT...

    Will I go to an open bike licence in ACT?