Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[ACT] Going to see Micky... and do some riding, Fri Aug 31st

Discussion in 'Other States' at netrider.net.au started by ForumBot, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Added to Calendar by: Mel

OK I'm gonna head up to Sydney for the first weekend in September, to visit Micky and do some riding.

Leaving Friday, 31 August from Caltex Servo, Watson (used to be Ampol, the one on the roundabout heading out of Canberra on the Federal Highway)at ...

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.

2. You just cant keep away from Syd, can you Mel. That weekend I am child free so hope to catch up some time. Kier should be up around that time as well to pick up bike from my place. My door is always open if you need a place to stay.
    K

3. oh whgat about me mel? lol after discussing it with me and don't even put my name up, what is the world coming to :LOL:

karl we will see what happens, if we get a few we won't want to impose on you, but will be good to catch up, hope you have the remus fitted by then :grin:

4. OK qbnspeedfreak and I are gonna head up to Sydney for the first weekend in September, to visit Micky and do some riding.

Leaving Friday, 31 August from Caltex Servo, Watson (used to be Ampol, the one on the roundabout heading out of Canberra on the Federal Highway)at 5:30pm.

Plan is to go up the freeway to Sydney.

Get up bright and early Saturday morning and do some rides (old road or putty or something) then to the Hospital to go see Micky.

Sunday again up bright and early, do the nasho then up macquarie pass and home.

I'll leave arranging accommodation until a bit closer to the time, so I can have some idea of how many will be coming. :)

---------------------

Better? :p I was at work, and had been for 12 hours... was somewhat braindead :p :LOL:

Karl - yep I love Sydney... I expect one day I will move back... one day... thanks for the offer of somewhere to stay! Will most likely take you up on that, depending on how many of us there are :grin:

5. yeah much better :LOL:

6. If I don't drive up, I'll see if I can be biatch.

Now the question is do I go on the bike that:
    a) is most likely to explode, or
    b) risk getting my face torn off when Mel opens it up :p

Decisions, decisions...

7. decisions, decisions.....interested :)

8. Hey I might even come on this ride. Can stay at my Grandma's house. They would love it! Upsetting their routine and all!

I have to go a long ride sometime soon so I stop getting paid out about sissying out of long rides.

I can't help it if my bike is uncomfortable.

9. I'd be keen to go riding after I picked up the bike but I need to get a new set of tyres on it..

10. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I'm not that bad!!!!!!!!!!!!

what's wrong with the tyres? You should kill them properly :twisted:

11. Yeah but the way these are worn it's balls in cornering or not at all.

12. Well first thing Satdee morning - into the shop for new tyres... or do you need to wait until you get back?

13. Im a maybe, but not for the rides on saturday

14. Dunno, we will see.

15. Guys,
    Firstly the Remus is on, just last night, James its awesome. Kier, your rear tyre should see a thousand kays or so, but I would keep a wary eye on it if you are doing a big weekend of riding. As for acommodation, I can take 2 at a stretch (1 bed, 1 couch). Not an imposition but I guess it depends on how many come and you may all want to find somewhere together. Definitely in for Putty round trip on Sat.
    K

16. I got room for you guys ,1 room with 2 single beds and 1 x 3 seater leather lounge ,1 thin ish fold way bed mattress.
    I have finished most of the painting and got all new carpets ,just don't laught at my handy work. :LOL:

And lock up garage ,fit 4 bikes.

17. cheers brett will let you know closer to the date, can you text me if you still have my number i've lost yours

18. You know, this ride sounds alright, i might have to tag along :grin:

19. Sleddog - Cheers!

Wedge - AWESOME!

:grin:

20. Man I found out today I have to work Saturday September 1st. Damnit.