Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[ACT] Full or provisional licence???

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by blaringmike, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Hi all,

I have a question regarding motorcycle provisional licences and bike restrictions.

In November next year I will be going onto my full car licence and was wondering how will this effect my bike licence? According to the ACT Govt site you must.....

"If you do not already hold a Full ACT Licence, you will be required to hold your provisional Motorcycle Licence for 3
    years. If you hold a Full Licence, you will be required to hold your Provisional Licence for 1 year." http://www.rego.act.gov.au/assets/PDFs/How to get your motorbike licence.pdf

Seeing I will be getting my motorcycle provisional licence while I am still on my Provisional car licence will I have to hold a Provisional bike licence for 3 years or when I receive my full car licence will my bike licence also become a full bike licence.

Also regarding restrictions do you only have to be on your Provisional bike licence for 1 year before you can buy a non LAMS bike?

2. Hmm, I'd go and have a talk to them about that. Or just hold off getting your P's till you get on to the full car licence.

And yes, your restrictions last for a year from the date you get your P's