Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[ACT] Extra policing at the Cotter

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by ZRX, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Just a quick announcement:

There were multiple crashes out at the Cotter* on the weekend, and as a result there will be an extra police presence for quite some time. If you are going to ride out there please take it easy and show the authorities that we aren't all reckless hooligans.

The Cotter area has some great roads, and it would be a shame to see them slapped with ridiculous speed limits.

*Note for highly opinionated and self-righteous tossers - none of the riders involved were from CanberraRiders, so please think before responding.
  2. damn it.

Was hoping to get out there in the next few days - I won't bother if there's likely to be cops.

Any details of the crashes? Nobody went out on Sunday, in the wind and rain, surely? Saturday was a beautiful day though, so I assume most people just went out then eh?

I guess it'll have to be Batemans Bay next weekend instead then :grin:
  3. Yeah, crashes happened on Saturday. Considering the location the riders were pretty lucky, last I heard there were no serious injuries.
  4. Looks like the first warm day caught a few ones out who would have been a bit rusty, hopefully they're ok. Good reminder to ease back into the twisty weekend goodness.