Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[ACT] Coffee Meet at Starbucks, Wed Aug 9th

Discussion in 'Other States' started by ForumBot, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Added to Calendar by: sonja

Where: Starbucks at City Walk, Canberra (Kiosk K12, Canberra Centre)
    Time: 5:30pm

The first of hopefully regular coffee meets for Canberra Netriders, All riders welcome! COme along and meet some people and have a good chin wag. These are really suc...

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.
  2. Soooo.... who else is coming to Starbucks on Wednesday??
  3. Well I only read this now, didn;t I?
  4. You're in Canberra??

We can always organise another one. Mel and I parked opposite the bus interchange and had a good time.

I'm up for more! :grin:
  5. Yeah, I'm up for more too... Starbucks make a damn good hot chocolate!!! Thank you for that Sonja.

6. That's no worries!

same place/time/day?
  7. if it wasnt wednesday you may get the far south coast contingent in attendance
  8. Try the chunky pies!
    Long ride for a coffee Joel! Fun ride, but a long ride!

Regards, Andrew.
  9. if you promise to keep it a secret, i was born and bred in canberra. shhhhh
    most of my family is still *trapped* up there.:LOL: :LOL:

actually, will be sealing the bottom of smiths gap tomorrow, just near canberra :eek:
  10. oh, and i go to canberra pretty much once a fortnight
  11. Remind me to drag my dad's butt up that way sometime soon.

I'm guessing you come here to see your poor, caged family? :p
  12. ...and the ride over the Clyde has nothing to do with it?
    Wednesday is good for me- I work evenings except Monday and Wednesday. Starbucks? Why does everyone in Canberra meet at McCoffee House? What's wrong with Essen except the cold, rude service etc? At least you can keep an eye on your bike. Still, I won;t go making demands when I heven't even met any of you!

Sonja, could it be your GPX that has repleced the Suzuki 250TU that parks at CiT Reid?
  13. the clyde to the bay is probably the BEST ride for a bike that i know of. working for southern asphalters means i cover around 100000kms a year and i reckon it is the best of the best of the best :grin: :grin:

argh, its 6am, i am just about to depart to negotiate the clyde today! it is going to be cold :?
  14. Neither Doug nor I have ridden the TU in about 2 years.

My GPX is yellow, but I'm not at CIT any more. If it's a black one with green, it's likely one of the teachers, danny, who I got riding last year. :grin:

He got sick of car parking tickets and started asking me about bikes.

For some reason, he thought that hitting birds was normal. :LOL: :LOL:
  15. I don't mind where... but where is Essen? Must be out of touch!!

joelridescbr - I'm pleased to hear that the bottom of Smith's Gap will be sealed... first day out on the new bike, took in Macs Reef Road, got to the bottom of Smiths Gap... and they'd ripped up the road!!! Glad it was only a little bit, don't like gravelly stuff. :eek:

Hmmmm.... Clyde.... have Sunday free.... was going to Braidwood anyways.... hmmmm.... :grin: :grin: :grin:
  16. If you know where the Greater Union is, and you follow it down the side going away from the bus interchange (heading parrallel to all the construction), its right at the first pedestrian crossing.

I'm probably not good explaining this.

EDIT: I'm free and will be Northside on Sunday.... :grin:
  17. Hmmm... I'm lost :] But I'm sure I'll find it.

On Sunday I'm doing a run to check how long it will take, how far it is, etc. for the ride I'm doing later in the month. You are more than welcome to join me! The ride is ending up in Braidwood but time permitting maybe a trip down the Clyde will be in order :]
  18. Sounds like a plan!

Shall we meet just at the North edge of town, at that little rest stop?
  19. I'll want to fuel up, so how about at the Ampol servo just past the roundabout at Watson on the Federal Highway? What time is good for you? I would like to get an earlyish start.
  20. Sure.

I can be there any time (hopefully). I'll be at friend's saturday night and will need to fill up too. I can only do about 250k on a tank.

I'm so excited!