Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

across left on its side, trouble starting

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by pow3r, Aug 20, 2011.

1. so as seen in this thread, my bike (93 Across) spent part of last night on its left side.

today it's a bit hard to start, like the starter cranks, and it only fires up if i give the throttle some twist. it runs fine after that, and if i kill it and crank it again starts fine)

it was on its left side, which is where the filter/ pump is so i'm wondering if the filter sucked up some scum from the inside of the tank, i was going to put a new filter on it tomorrow, but also thought about running some fuel line cleaner through it.

i know there's fuel additives for injectors, and wasn't sure if there are any recommendations for carbed bikes?
  2. the bike was probably just flooded from being on its side. My mates XR400 was like that everytime he put it on its side out in the bush