Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Across Lead order???

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by slickncghia, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Hey guys, still been having my intermittent starting problems on my Across 250, so ive cleaned the spark plugs of a bit of carbon and put them back in

however at one stage i had all the leads off at the same time (IDIOT i know)

Can anyone tell me what order the leads (which are numbered 1-4) go from left to right....looking from the back of the motorbike to the front.

It seems that 1&4 go on the "left" 2 cyclinders and 2&3 on the "right" 2 cylinders

Its not running properly. ie extremely rough and not holding idle so i think ive got the leads in the wrong order....any help would be much appreciated.

also on one of the leads the cord has pulled out of the end cap. is this ok to just be pushed in? or will it require a new lead?

i have a copy of the manual however cant seem to find the order of the cylinders

Cheers guys and help would be much appreciated, would be keen to get it working soon

2. 1,2,3,4

now gonna spray some carbie cleaner in the carbies....man im just winging it

Anyone give me a quick run down on this?

the can says i spray it in the throat

Is this the bit that comes from the filter?????
  3. double post
  4. Ideally - remove the carbs from the engine and spray directly down the throats (or better yet dismantle carbs completely).
    Next best - remove airbox and spray down carb throats.
    Half-arsed method - remove airfilter and try and spray it down carb throats.
  5. hehehe i did the half-arsed