Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Across is no more / Thanks everyone

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Removed_User6, Feb 13, 2005.

1. well yesterday , after many hours of lack of sleep and negotiation , they have pried the Across from my arse and i am the owner of a
    2000 Firestorm 1000 F
    11,972k's on the clock

followed ashes into the world of the big V-twins
    pick it up during the week when i sign the paperwork .

Had a choice between a hayabussa (very high Km's)
    The old hayabussa's are my dream bike , went for a ride 2 up on it , and xxxxxx , gave it a bit on the test ride (130MPH 2 up on the back wheel, what a blast :shock: :LOL: ), but too many k's and by the time i have had it 4-5 years i would have around 270,000-300,00 k's on it , so I end up getting the Storm .
    I am very happy with the storm , and a little sad to be losing the across , such a wonderfull reliable work horse for the last 2 years , lot of memorys , and fun had on it but time to move on .
    (coppers are going to have to get to know me again :LOL: :LOL: )

Big thanks to all who chatted with me on friday night , geoff, caroline, ashes , and the rest (all know who they are )and gave me a lot to think about , and a lot of common sense replys and advise .
    when you are tossing up between 2 bikes , and you need a to seperate the heart from the head (really appreicated) , also andy ( da-lodger) for crawling out of bed at sparrow fart after a early phone call and coming in and helping me out .

no more lighting the rear tyres up on the tram tracks with this , like i did with the across :LOL:
  2. huh? I thought you were permanently bonded to that Across.....whats happening to the autograph?

congrats on the new bike!!
  3. I am afraid they are going with the bike . :(
  4. As i said to u at ur place saturday glen , congrats . No-one is more derserving of this purchase than you . wish u many hours of happy riding mate.
  5. Congratulation mate. Looking forward to seeing your new ride.

And so, groberts' Across goes off in search of a new owner, the next Crazy Diamond..."Come on you target for faraway laughter".
  6. Congratulations Glen, but did you have to get a TEAL blue one ? :p

Thats TWO across riders this week that have moved on to not only a big twin but a firestorm !!

Why fight it .................. Resistance is futile, you all will be asimilated

# doctor evil voice #

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  7. What? you mean there are other bikes out there that are NOT V-Twins???

You are pulling my leg, right??
  8. Yup I would have to agree there........OMG what have we done :LOL:

PS Dave..about these bloody lesbians mate :shock:
  9. As an authority on the Firestorm (I've had mine 4 days now) I can quite confidently say they are the best bike on the planet. You will love it. Just make sure you hold on when you give it a twist it has just a little bit more go than the across.
  10. Congrats Glen. How exciting!!! Happy riding mate.

:D :D
  11. congrats on the upgrade, just a shame like the Across you'll still be in my mirrors :) :) :)
  12. Yeah that may be true but he will be a lot closer and all you will be able to see (if the Iridium visor is up) is Glen grinning from ear to ear.

Pretty scary thought hey :LOL:
  13. Is it just me or did the order of the universe just subtly shift left?

Nice choice Glen, welcome to the ranks of the Honda Elite.
  14. any Honda in my mirrors is scary let alone knowing it's Glen.
  15. So what happens to the old Acrosses then? Is there a protocol or law like the one for European Carp whereby it is illegal to return it to the environment? I realise that common decency dictates they should put out of everyone's misery and dealt with by a shovel and bag of quicklime, but there should be laws to protect the rest of us from those sickos who think these things have a right to life.
  16. congrats on teh purchase glen! Look forward to seeing and hearing it! Never thought I would see you move from the across...
  17. Boy, it's a bit like "all my friends are getting married" round here!

Congrats Glen, should be a lot of fun!
  18. Yes he moved "across" to Honda.
    :applause: :applause: :applause:

(Is there an emoticon for "groan" ? :roll: