Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Acoustic Guitar: Cole Clark ?

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by P J, May 1, 2010.

1. I currently have a Maton EM225C which I am looking to upgrade in the next couple of months.

Are Cole Clark guitars any good ? I would be looking at the FL2 with pickup & cutaway.

Otherwise I will be sticking to another Maton

2. Maton are awesome. But cole Clark are great too.

Best bet is to go to a big store and try them all out.

Guitars are like bikes, you will know when you find "the one".

Even within the same model different ones will play differently.

3. Don't know anything about Cole Clark's, but, as a Maton owner for the last 40 years, I'd vote Maton.

4. Cole Clark's are beautiful guitars, but you need to go and try one. As stu-h said, you will know when you find "the one".

5. Cole Clarks are amazing. Never had much to do with Matons, so can't offer a comparison for you. I'm still more than happy with my old Vester (company no longer exists) It's not the most expensive or exclusive, but it's definitely one of a kind and has an absolutley unique feel and sound about it, that just suits me down to the ground.

Happy shopping!

6. The wiggles use matons, can't get a higher recommendation than that according to my daughter

7. Both my guitars are matons but I've never tried a Cole. Anyone played both who can comment?

8. Asked a friend who has experience with both - below is his reply ....

9. Cole Clarks are great.
    When comparing though make sure you're using the same strings.
    They can have a big impact on sound quality.

I've also got a green desert speckle vester with active pickups :)
    very simiar in style with a charvel 4. Would be sweet if it sill worked.

10. I also have an EM225C. If I was ever to upgrade my acoustic, I would almost certainly get a Cole Clark Fat Lady. A mate has one and the sound is beautiful. :)