Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Accosted by an HD rider

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by yardman, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Not strictly speaking, I noticed him following me and after about 3kms he pulls up next to me when stopped at red light. He proceeds to compliment me being dressed in the right gear, my bike (LAMS CBR500) and my riding (RE til March 2016)

Pleasant enough older beardy guy (not the usual skull balaclava, tattoo type) but still WTF?!? Should I have stood on his foot?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. you should have swapped numbers and joined him for coffee later that night at his house

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. maybe he was just so happy to see someone NOT being an asshat that day :D

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  4. You are always watched and judged when your on a bike, especially by other riders :)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. He probably has multiple bikes of all kinds. Think nothing of it, unless you get invited to a lemon party.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. yeah I got pulled over by a cop out side of healsevile a few years back
    he said id done nothing wrong and gave me a free advanced riding course voucher
    I replied
    my bikes fcuked mate
    why do you think im pushing it?

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. #7 philfromaccounting, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
    You should've asked if he would like to go halves with you in buying a new boat, which you would name the HMAS FriendShip

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Motorcycling has been one of my biggest life lessons in learning to take people how you find them. I've met idiots and nice people on all sorts of bikes and styles of bikes. The two don't really correlate. Some of the scariest looking dudes I've ever met will be the first ones there to help if something is wrong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I've found that there is a bond between riders that doesn't exist with drivers in other vehicles. Not even Truckies have the same bond. Most of the time this is pleasant, a fellow rider enjoying the same passion you have. But sometimes it can feel awkward, just depends on the person. You may feel his comments were unnecessary, but I don't think there was any harm or malice intended. I usually just chill and go with the flow.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Maybe the Hells Angels have been to one of those feel good public relations courses to help change their image so they won't get targeted by the police anymore. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Your Disney prince finally came along, and you let him go!

12. Sounds more of a, "nice shoes, wanna fcuk' type of deal...

13. I find the dirtier beardier the Harley rider, and his bike, the nicer he is.
    The clean sparkly fat boys with skull masks and brand new gear are invariably #@$%

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Agreed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. how dare he be nice to you and congratulate you on your approach to riding, yes of course you should have told him to f-off and mind his own business and punched him in the face - why didn't you?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. What's wrong with tattoos?

Sounds like you got a good one they normally just abuse me and flip me the bird... Haha

17. Well to be fair they have to get home before all their oil leaks out.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Is that why Harleys don't corner quickly? Because they are afraid of slipping on their own oil?

19. oh goody it's turning into another 'let's hang shit on harleys' discussion. I suppose customers who spend $25-30k on a new HD really must be stupid and not understand that they are buying a rubbish bike. please somebody educate them that they should do what the smart people do and buy japanese.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. it is netrider afterall