Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Accident Protection

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by OzzyDevil, Jul 12, 2012.

  1. I don't know if this has ever been bought up so..

    Anyway i'm looking into this as i ride a motorbike anything can happen in life... They are so many out there so what would be the best 1 out there ?? I wanted 1 that coved say if i went on a holiday and something happened...

    I saw this one


    Maybe there is better one's ??
  2. Overseas holiday? Get travel insurance from your 'grubber of choice. Will cost you a few hundred but can save you thousands if the shit hits the fan.

    Otherwise comprehensive insurance on the bike and decent medical insurance on yourself, If you can afford it.

    Doubt you will find everything under one policy, but if you take out various policies with one company they might give you discounts?

    Have fun trawling hundreds of pages of legal mumbo jumbo.
  3. It depends what you want to insure for and what stage of life you're at.

    Income Protection is the most comprehensive accident cover. IP pays 70% of your income if you can't work due to any illness and injury. For some injuries you get a standard payout, eg 6 weeks for a broken leg, whether you can work or not. And you can specify how long you get paid - from 2 years or to age 65.

    The other insurances are more limited: Trauma insurance pays if you get a disease from a list. Eg Heart attack, cancer etc. and Disability insurance only pays if you become totally and permanently disabled.

    PS While you're shopping around check out yourshare.com.au, it's an insurance broker which rebates the commissions.
  4. Thx guys i might look into stuff like this...