Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Accident on way home from Snowy Ride?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by VTRNikki, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Hi all,

Hubby and I were on our way home from the Snowy Ride yesterday when we passed a nasty looking accident not too far from Canberra, near Williamsdale. Looked like an orange Kwaka Z1000 (I think? It was a mangled mess) might have got cleaned up by a car coming out from a property driveway... not real sure. The rider was down in the ditch on the side of the road with the ambos attending to him/her.

Just wondering if anyone knows anything more about it and if the rider is OK? I haven't heard/read anything in the news so I assume it wasn't a fatality, but it's going to bother me until I know he/she is OK...

The traffic conditions were horrendous on that bit of highway yesterday, lots of bicyclists holding things up and too many motorcyclist in a hurry to get home and beat the rain. It was just a matter of time before someone came unstuck.

Please everyone... when you're riding in a big group, try not to follow the group "if they're doing it so can I" mentality. Ride within your limits and to the road conditions... Just because the guy in front of you wants to ride like a dickhead doesn't mean you should too.

2. Do a search on rider down stories in here before posting.
  3. the guy is in hospital with 2 broken wrists, a couple of other things but will be ok.

Car did a u turn in front of him.
  4. Thanks Tanya :)

Smee, I did do a search, didn't find anything, so I asked.
  5. bloody hell u cant say anything with out some1 jumping down your throat
  6. Don't mind smee. He vacillates between Mr Grumpy and Mr Obstreperous when he forgets his medication.
  7. It's not his fault...

you'd be grumpy if you had to ride a BMW too ;)

8. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :-# :-# :LOL:
  9. LOL, now that put a smile on my face in an otherwise, very serious thread :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  10. You don't understand. Smee is conducting a campaign on these forums to stop people posting questions or answers about bike accidents. He's probably in the minority, but he's not alone on this issue.
    (If you really want to know about an incident, post anyway, I say.)
  11. from http://www.ambulance.nsw.gov.au/other/incidents.html
    4th item for Sunday 27th November 2005

Car and motorcycle collide
    A 39 year old male was treated by ambulance officers after the
    motorcycle he was riding collided with a motor vehicle at Michelago. He
    suffered suspected spinal injuries, as well as head, limb and chest
    injuries and was taken to the Canberra Hospital.

I was 3 bikes behind when the accident happened, saw the rider hit the car and being thrown into the air, the driver did a U turn on the raod.

12. Sort of. There has been serious debate in the past regarding this topic and there was some consensus (though that's debatable,) that unless it was a netrider or someone whom a netrider knew then we would refrain or tone down from posting because at one stage it got to the point where every 4th or 5th thread was a rider down thread then 500 pages of condolences for a total stranger.
    There was even a suggestion of a memorial thread where every rider down went onto.
    I have seen a few riders down in the past but have refrained from posting as I feel it brings down the tone of the place.
    We are all well aware of the risks and accidents serious or not do happen.
  13. Understand and respect your motivation, even if I don't quite agree.
    I do agree with keeping to the known facts.
  14. Cheers. :D
  15. Thanks for the info Duke and for the explanation Smee :)
  16. Cops will put it down to speed.

The accident I mean, not smee ;-}