Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Accident in the Royal

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Ljiljan, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Finished work at 5 got home and decided I had time to fit in a ride through natio before the sun went to bed. Still new to the bike and riding i was taking it fairly easy. Coming out of the esses just before the waterfall turn off i see the tail lights of a car entering the first corner of the second half of the run. Thinking "great another car i will have to overtake soon", i pressed on. weirdly enough, i didnt get another glimpse of the car for another minute or two. but sure enough, a few seconds later i passed it. it was on its side.

Looking back over the accident area, big fat black lines appear about mid corner, 15 metres further you can see where he tried to start 4-wheel-driving (it was a mazda cx-7 i think - the big one, whatever its called). another 10 metres later you can see where the car landed sideways on the road. it slid another 20 odd metres sideways into the embankment. driver said he was doing 60. a car doing 60 can stop in 15-20 metres. he would have been doing close to 100 if not more when the OH SH#T! hit him. 100 can be done through that corner, but he had never driven through the natio before...

I was second on the scene. first were also riders, but driving instead for some reason. they took care of those inside while i went back up to lady carington drive to call up an ambo. what pissed me off was that when the ambo got there they all refused help, especially one girl with a sore neck and another with clearly cracked ribs - couldnt stand up straight, couldnt take any pressure on his ribs, even just touching. in a weeks time when its still sore insurance wont cover it. idiots.
    stayed there long enough for the rest of the crew to turn up - 4 fire engines??? - and do their thing.

talked to the other couple about their national park riding experiences. interesting how as perilous that road is made out to be, that was the first accident i have ever seen in the royal - and it was a car not a bike.

thats my story :)

2. This story is incomplete. There is no poignant moral in there :?

3. lesson: mazda cx-7's don't 4wd well

or drive properly on their side

4. Did you see any Ducati Monsters around? Maybe he was trying to overtake?

5. nah the duke did a runner

6. so are you saying the ambo's didnt help? are you a doctor? im sure medically trained personel are in a better position to make decisions than a member of public

7. I'm not surprised that four fire engines turned up. The damage to the environment warrants four, yet a single car accident doesn't even warrant a checkup back at the hospital?

Yes, I don't know all the facts. i just hope it wasn't caused from a car trying to avoid an accident with a bike, thus, ending up on its side.

8. * Sliding rubber stops quicker than sliding duco
    * Four wheels are not enough for some people
    * Ambos cant "force" treatment on anyone

9. No, I think he's saying the people in the accident refused help - at least that's how I interpreted it.

10. they all refused help

Not TRYING to say it, he DID say it; sheesh, will you people read before you post :roll: :roll:???

11. I sometimes imagine how much it would suck to fall off one of those embankments due to coming in a bit hot. Thoughts like those make me go very very slowly around all my favourite blind corners.

12. no hornet, he MEANS the people at the scene, he SAID the ambo's

13. Actually you could interpret the sentence to mean the ambos refused help from anyone else, or you can interpret it as the people injured in the accident refused help from the ambos ...... however, you cannot interpret it as saying the ambos refused to give any assistance (not that I'm suggesting that's what you mean) which is what someone else took it to mean.

14. No he didn't
    Comprehension 101 is that way------->COMPREHENSION 101
    Learn to understand what you are reading

"when the ambo got there they all refused help, especially one girl with a sore neck and another with clearly cracked ribs - couldnt stand up straight, couldn't take any pressure on his ribs, even just touching. in a weeks time when its still sore insurance wont cover it. idiots. "
    The ambos didn't refuse the help the VICTIMS did if you read the whole thing through properly.
    If someone refuses medical help then the ambos are powerless, they cannot FORCE help on someone and it is illegal to REFUSE to offer help in their position.

15. .... under no linguistic circumstance could this they all refused help, especially one girl with a sore neck and another with clearly cracked ribs - couldnt stand up straight, couldnt take any pressure on his ribs, even just touching. in a weeks time when its still sore insurance wont cover it. idiots. be interpreted as meaning anything OTHER than that the people involved refused help :roll:.

Why would a NSW Ambulance Officer refuse to help the victim of an accident, especially when she was in obvious distress?

The more sinister question, is WHY would the people in the car refuse help, what did they have to hide???

16. A bootload of drugs, guns and money.

17. nah sorry guys, the others had it right. the ambo's raced down from engadine or wherever, just so they could get to the scene and tell the people to suck on it. sorry to cause all the fuss.

as for what did they have to hide, i dont think it was anything, they just didnt want to get into any more trouble. didnt understand that over exaggerating their injuries was the smartest, least likely to cause future trouble, option they could have chosen