Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

About to pull the trigger.......hmmm

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by BitSar, May 18, 2012.

1. So, for those who have read my testing post - I think I am nearing a decision.

I still have to test the GSR750 (booked in for the morning) - Also testing an Aprilia GT.

That said - I think I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2012 Aprilia Shiver750.

I have read all manner of review, problem Vs. solution, long term test, progression from 1st gen to 5th gen and everything in between.

Just wondering what you guys think? Any real world experience with the later generations of these bikes?

(NB** Thanks robbie55 for being so patient with my q's thus far (y))

2. I'll not offer advice on bike type - as you well know its what suits you that's right.

I will however mention that if a decision is not made soon we may have to pen a "Bitsar upgrade intervention thread"

:-0

• Like Like x 2
  3. Love ya work mate - Pure GOLD!

I know - I really need to f@cking make it happen......

4. Oh, and buy the Aprilia...

5. Lol knew you would get one soon after testing.I thought you would go for the ducati.been on a few rides with the shiver and dealt with them at old job.can't fault them.only thing I can recommend its a set of akra pipes.sound really good.

No jumping speeds bumps on this tho.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yes - to the Akra mod

Yes - to the "not a Motard" :(

So being a mechanical wizz - and being an insider, what do you think? Reliable?

7. Bitstar, you still test riding? YOu looking for work in a bike mag? lol
    Hope you make a decision you are 100% certain about, nothin worse then buying a bike and then thinking, [what if, maybe I should have]
    good luck with your choice, am sure you'll love what you get.

• Like Like x 1
  8. If you wanted a bike that would survive a nuclear holocaust you would buy a postie bike

End of the day you look after it and it looks after you. you won't have any issues

• Like Like x 1
  9. Spoken like a wise mage my friend - cheers (y)

10. I put in 52k on an RST1000 'prilla Futura. I've talked about it plenty on here, there were things I liked and things I didn't, but it never skipped a beat and ran like swiss watches are supposed to the entire time I had it. As you can see, it wasn't pampered and sooked all that much.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks guys -

I guess I'm just flinching at the final moment - you read all sorts of horror stories about issues and recalls etc - AND - the bad stories always appear to carry more weight than the good............

I reckon - you only live once, there's no guarantees......all you can do is be good to yourself and the people around you and enjoy the ride I guess.....

Reflective BS aside......why the hell not eh? Go the Italian route - hell, even if only this once!

:D

............man - I wish the Dorso had a bigger tank :demon:

12. Just Jerry rig a safari tank to it :p

13. Stop being a big girl, pull the trigger already!

14. Done and done :D

Take delivery this Wednesday 2012 Aprilia Shiver 750 ABS with 3 mode ride-by-wire!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Nice one BitSar, so now you have finished all these test rides I hope we see you down at Sat practice and show us these new wheels. Wednesday is only 4 sleeps :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. See, someone just needed to step up and give you a push!

Congrats on the new bike! What did you do with the ER-6, trade or private sell?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hahaha - thanks guys.....

You know how fastidious I am (MrBling will contest with my pipe hunting expedition for the Kwaka)

I thought the Striple R would have been a no-brainer, but after riding the Shiver I just couldn't get it out of my head........

And Ultram - I'll bring it down on Saturday so you can throw a leg over - hey, ya never know....might be your next bike too (y)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Good news.

Just don't park it next to that dickhead with the kwaka at work.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Congrats on the new bike BitSar, very nice bike the Shiver!

Welcome to club Italia :D

20. LMAO - don't think that'll be a problem :rofl: