Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Abandoned thread] 2006 Honda VTR250

Discussion in 'Archived' at netrider.net.au started by keladonic, Mar 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selling my beloved VTR250, I recently upgraded.
    31,000kms on the odo.
    Reg: FI-627
    VIN: JH2MC33U95M101702
    Registered until 15th October 2015
    Asking price: $3,400 inc RWC

Mechanically, this bike is still rides like a dream. I'm sure you've already read rave reviews about how competent and forgiving this bike is. I'm the third owner and the bike is a 2006, so it has some signs of aging (cosmetic rust etc.) I've managed to stop it from progressing since its purchase with regular cleans and liberal use of WD40. The tyres were changed over Jun 2012 just before i purchased the bike, but from Dec 2012 to Oct 2014 I was overseas, so the bike was in storage most of the time. Still has plenty of tread left on it.

Upon my return from overseas, I did a full service (new battery, drained carburetors, oil & filter, new fork seals) and I've put about 3000km on the bike since then with no problems whatsoever. The sprocket and chain are still in excellent condition, I give it a thorough clean every 3 to 4 tanks of petrol and almost keep it well lubed.

Now to the bad stuff. The previous owner had had a slow low-side on tram tracks on a rainy day. So the exhaust, oggy knob, handlebar end and right foot guard have some cosmetic scratches. I never bothered to get this repaired since it's purely affecting looks. In my possession, the bike has been blown over once in the city whilst parked on a rainy day. The frame on the right side as some tiny specks of paint chipped away and I had the mirrors replaced.

Damages have been factored into the asking price.
    honda (3 of 11). honda (10 of 11). honda (4 of 11). honda (11 of 11). rear tyre. front tyre. honda (5 of 11). honda (6 of 11).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hey mate, is the bike still for sale?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.