Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Abandoned thread] 2005 Kawasaki KLR 650 LAMS

Discussion in 'Archived' at netrider.net.au started by Not4Resale, Nov 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Not4Resale, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    (BIKE SPECS BELOW RANT)

As some of you might remember, a little while ago my motorcycle relationship suffered some infidelity.

https://netrider.net.au/threads/one-night-with-an-enduro-a-passionate-love-story.204773

Like most relationships, I had a positive outlook. We would “work on it”, as if my transgressions would have no consequences. It isn’t that she said anything or had any extensive outbursts. I could just feel that she had been hurt by my wandering rides and the guilt had seeped into the very fibre of our once beautiful bond.

We were riding home together one night and as we slowed for a stop sign and as I dropped a gear she blipped something that made my heart stop. “I’m leaving” she blurted. My stomach clenched into a knot trying to comprehend what this would mean.

There was nothing but a low grumble for the rest of the trip but I knew that our time had come. Money had been tight, work was piling up and, I had done nothing to win her back. She would say things like “you treat me like your property” and “it’s like I’m just here for your pleasure” which cut the remnants of my aspirations.

I’d been blaming her for wanting too much attention but really she had been so good to me. A week on the road together only set us back $20 bucks for 400 kilometres of pleasure. She might not be the prettiest or the fastest bike on the road but every day is a marathon when you saddle up with her.

It isn’t that I didn’t care for her. I mean I serviced her every 5000 kilometres the whole time we were together; I got her these beautiful Michelin Anakee 3 road/trail tyres along with a matching racing chain so she wasn’t going without. She might have been as beautiful as a picnic bar but under the hood I did my utmost to look after her.

Still, splitting up is expensive and I’ll probably need to raise around $3,100 to finalise the divorce. We did try to work things out but she said after I passed her up that day she just didn’t feel like I was on her team anymore. She is wrong but I need to respect her wishes.

I sit here beaten, waiting for offers, hoping that the divorce isn’t going to be a long and painful process.

In love we are lost but even in grief, I say that I hope she finds a man or woman who will treat her like a queen… a Queen of the Desert!

Below are some of the finer details…

- Model/Year - 2005 Kawasaki KLR 650

- Registration – 7 months (expires: 28/06/2016)

- Kilometres – 48,000

- Condition – Ugly on the outside, beautiful on the inside. She’s got scratches on the paint and plastic, the paint is faded but she starts every time!

- Price - $3,100

- Accessories: Lockable top box

20151120_150057. 20151120_150115. 20151120_150125. 20151120_150140.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Price adjustment... just need $3,100 for the divorce. Still got 7 months rego!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.