Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC A whole town of Biege Cardi's - and naturally the TAC jumps on board

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by TheRuss, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Just spotted this in my 'News Feed': http://www.facebook.com/speedkills

Edit: Just noticed the tags make an amusing statement if you remove the commas and the final tag. :D

2. beige cardi kills speed. 'ken oath they do :(
  3. Flame them, have fun :D
  4. The idea of it makes me feel sick :sick:
  5. LOL!
    Funny bunch of people.
  6. Too many people are killed or injured on our country roads. We’re fed up and want to do something about it. That’s why we’re going to change the name of our town, Speed, to SpeedKills.

So rather than focus on the real issues like substandard roads and fatigue... they took the easy, convenient and politically correct way out.

Here you’ll find a series of videos that’ll give you an insight into our town and our appeal to stop people speeding.

So there are no other traffic offenses other than speeding worth worrying about?

All we need is for you to like our campaign on Facebook and we’ll change the name of our town, Speed, to SpeedKills.

because that's going to make a huge difference isn't it, a town with 45 residents in the middle of ****ing nowhere. After the 15mins of fame are up you can slip back into obscurity

Showing your support of this campaign is just one way we can try and reduce the number of needless deaths that result from speeding and demonstrate our commitment to obeying the speed limit and driving safely.

Showing our support means your facebook mates will know you are a mindless buffon who believes whatever they are told by the TAC no matter their own daily experiences on the roads. After all a government department told me it's true it must be right... LOL

This whole sorry arsed saga is a joke, and is nothing but a TAC publicity stunt to push their anti speeding agenda. In the meantime people continue to cause accidents due to careless and often reckless driving and escape punishment. Why was the town not named "keep left you ****ing moron", "stop tailgating me ********" or "why the **** are you stopping while trying to merge on the freeway you idiot"..oh that's right it's not as sexy as "speed kills"

WANKERS, the TAC and the Townspeople, who are either too stupid to see they are being used as political pawns or too desperate for their 15 minutes of fame that they sold their fellow motorists down the river. In my experience country people have a far more balanced view on driving and road safety...guess brain washing does work after all.

7. #7 robsalvv, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    It's only gonna get worse mate: more focus on lower limits & enforcement, no focus on a better set of road users.

As my learned mate Cheffie points out, the government gives people licenses, then demands that the police take them off the people who shouldn't have them. So at the heart of the matter is an appreciation that road users should be competent but the system reflects it in a skewed way.

There is a chance to vent your spleen to the bureaucrats... Send them comments about the current set of beige proposals. Google "Draft national road strategy 2012".

- - -
  8. Seems a little derogatory to the town founders, unless perhaps they were killers anyway.
  9. That's too funny!

They called it 'Speed' because Meth Amphetamine would of been too obvious.
  10. It would be tempting to run them all over with a steam roller at 1kmh.
  11. I grew up in that part of the state and they used to have a sign before the town that said "Slow Down Speed ahead".
  12. Taggart: I got it! I got it!
    Hedley Lamarr: You do?
    Taggart: We'll work up a Number 6 on 'em.
    Hedley Lamarr: [frowns] "Number 6"? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that one.
    Taggart: Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a-whompin' and a-whumpin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life. Except the women folks, of course.
    Hedley Lamarr: You spare the women?
    Taggart: Naw, we **** the shit out of them at the Number Six Dance later on.
    Hedley Lamarr: Marvelous!
  13. Something interesting... You have to like the page before you can post on it. Ergo, nobody against it will like it just to tee off on some biege bogans.

Someone should go graffiti the sign and change it to "speedkills, quit drugs" :D

Sad thing is, political stunts like this help push the agenda of the governments that don't want to spend money fixing an ad-hoc system that has grown into an incomprehensible and illogical monster that no longer serves its purpose efficiently. But the system makes them money. Instead of fixing the system they continue to prop it up with more ad-hoc additions. Its truly sad.
  14. Might have to stop in there on my way around Australia and 'change' their signage...

There was a spate of anti-drug vandalism in town a while ago and some of it is still around. They say 'Smoke tyres, not drugs!' - the largest was in 3ft lettering on a wall in the main street!

- boingk
  15. Facebook is a fantastic platform for a one sided argument. There's no dislike button and any comments that don't agree with their agenda get deleted.
  16. True story: If that town and everyone in it were destroyed, it would have zero effect on my life. They don't matter.
  17. Apparently if they get the 10,000 like hits the TAC will give $10,000 to the local Lions Club to distribute throughout the town.
  18. I'll give $100 to a cause to unleash actual lions in the town.
  19. A few years ago when a few of us did our Iron Butt ride it was where one guy's fuse box melted and he lost his lights.

I remember writing in an article on it that it just proves that Speed doesn't kill, it merely puts your lights out. :)

What a waste of time and money this whole thing is.