Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A weekend I wish I could forget

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by VTRBob, Jul 14, 2008.

1. I wish I could say I will forget the past w/end but thats just not going to happen :?

Short story:
    My youngest daughter Cassie just on 7months on cooking grand daughter No2.

She wasn't feeling right last week and hadn't felt any movement so Nadeen took her and Ray down to Coffs Hospital last Thursday evening and shortly after I got a call to come down as well, as it was the worst news any mother to be wants to hear, there is no heartbeat and she has miscarried.

So begins her nightmare, several blood tests and ultrasounds before the drugs to induce the baby.

Ryder was stillborn @ 10.48am on Saturday. No one can describe the heartache of watching your baby go through so much pain, for naught.
    Followed by the blood curdling screams as she saw Ryder for the first time.
    Cass and Ray have spent a lot of time with Ryder since she was 'born' till this morning when she was taken away for the autopsy in Sydney.

I just pray that they do find the cause, so in the future they can try again with better results.

Ryder will never know just how much her parents, are going to miss her even though they crammed in as much as they could in the time they had ,48 hrs does not a lifetime make. :(

They picked the 1st name out months ago but couldn't agree on a middle name till now.

Ryder Angel

( if you think about it the name is just perfect )
  2. Ahrrg...poor little bugger. :cry:

Sorry to hear such a sad tale, Bob, but it's not all bad, mate....because Heaven needs Angels to...

Here's hoping that they can indeed try again when they are ready.

Love the name...

3. Bob, I don't know what to say, any words from me can only be empty solace. You are obviously a supportive father and your daughter sounds like she has a supportive partner so that is a small beacon of light in the dark hurt you all must be feeling.

You are such a leading character on Netrider that from your posts I feel that I somehow know you well even though I don't think we have ever talked. My deepest sympathy and know that you have friends here, and in the off line world, that also will extend their best wishes to you.

4. My teary condolences to you all Bob.
    Those of us who have outlived one (or more) of our kids share the true pain and numbness.

Even after 19 years it still cuts me up but the sun will come up tomorrow.

Special love and hugs to your daughter and son in law.
  5. fcuk it!!!!!

So sorry to hear Bob.

Been there done that, it's ultra fcuken hard.

Send everyone my love.
  6. I have a few tales to tell, but I wont as the tears always flow.

So sorry to bloke, and yes I hope they find the cause, but sometimes there just isn't any.

All the best to your daughter and son in law.
  7. Bob gotta be one of the hardest things to bear I suspect. My mum had 7 miscarriages before she had me and my two brothers, where this is hope. Sucks though big time. :cry:
  8. Condolensces Bob. Sincere and utter wish-they-weren't-required condolensces.
  9. So sorry to hear your sad news Bob. Close friends of ours just lost their son 4 days before he was due, heartbreaking. As an expecting father to be I can only imagine what your family must be going through. So sad.
  10. Worst possible news Bob. Love to yez all. It takes loads of time to heal this wound.
  11. Bob - i have no idea what to say.
    other than i am thinking of you & your family at this time.
  12. I'm so sad to hear it Bob, I can't imagine how hard that would be, so close to term as well. Here's hoping they have another crack as soon as they're ready. Big love to you and Nugzy. :(
  13. My heart goes out to you and the family bob.

Its a very touchy subject for me at the moment.
  14. Bob, this is so awful. Condolences to all. I am so glad that your daughter and partner managed to spend some time with their baby, it's so important that they had a chance to say goodbye.

I simply can't imagine the pain that they must be feeling.
  15. Bob & Nadeen

all I can say is it will mean EVERYTHING to Cassie & Ray to have your support during this time.

Phil and I thought we were so heartbroken that we would never be right again, until Joshua was born nearly 13 years ago, 3 weeks over due and breathing and screaming.

Nothing ever takes away the emptyness, but holes are filled around it
    I think her name is gorgeous

Blessings to you all

16. Dear Bob and Extended Family & friends

Ryder Angel

Rest in peace Sweet Child
  17. Mate , nothing I or anyone can say will lesson the pain or heartache.
    So sorry .... I gues heaven figured it needed Ryder more.
    Condolences to You and your family.

God Bless little Ryder, Heaven newest Angel.
  18. Hey Bob,

Reading what you had to say really stirred something - there are things in life that are much more important and sacred than what we deal with on a daily basis; petty grudges and daily arguments etc are so insignificant in the face of such a real calamity.

Suffice it to say that little Ryder Angel in her little time managed to humble many people and make them reflect on the really important things in life... our loved ones.

I wish all the best to you and yours and hopefully the next time will be worth both times.
  19. My prayers are with you and your loved ones, Bob, I can't even begin to imagine how you feel :(.
  20. I'm so sorry to hear that news Bob. My thoughts go out to you and your family. I can't imagine how devestated Cassie and the rest of you must all be. :(