Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A Web Fast

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Bravus, Apr 2, 2008.

1. I'm posting this same message in half a dozen or so places around the net so that everyone who needs to see it will. (I know it's probably not really General Discussion material, but not everyone reads every other forum here.)

I've been finding myself stuck in a loop - check one web forum, then the next, then the next, and by the time that's done go back to the first. Play an online game, check the share prices, check my several e-mail accounts, rinse and repeat. It takes up huge amounts of time, makes me much less productive in my work, takes me away from my family and from important things like exercise... and in the end, it's not that much fun at the end of the day.

I've decided to dramatically cut my online life for a while - basically until I have cleared up the massive backlog of work and life that's been building up while I've been locked in the forum maze. I have a heap of papers that I've planned and just need to write, and a heap of various other tasks to do - and I have daughters who will be leaving home to start their separate lives before I can blink, who I need to spend a lot more time with.

I love all my friends at the William Gibson Board and the Adventist Forum and Netrider... and I'll miss you during this hiatus. I'll be back later, in a much more under-control and healthy way, but I feel as though I need a break to get the addiction under control.

I'll continue to read e-mail sent to any of my accounts, because I have to monitor them for work stuff anyway, and I'll continue to write my blog, because it doesn't take a lot of time and helps me keep in contact. But the rest of my online life will be significantly reduced for the next couple of months. Thanks so much to all the many, many online friends who have enriched my life so much. I'm just off to a virtual monastery for a retreat, and will be back.

2. Take Care mate ...
    Yep, the Net can be very addictive

3. I hear you!
    It's very hard when you get paid to sit at your laptop and browse the internet all day.....

4. aye, i hear ya
    it all catches up too quick
    have fun