Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A visit from the Holy Spirit?

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by TonyE, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Time called on Reedy the pint-topping pub ghost

A PUBLICAN in England is bringing in an exorcist to try and get rid of a ghost she claims is topping up customers' pints.

Janice McCormack, 60, calls the ghost "Reedy" after legendary British actor and boozer Oliver Reed and says he has been haunting the Apsley House in Southsea, Hampshire, since she took over the lease 10 years ago.

And she claims since January the generous ghoul has been mysteriously topping up regulars' glasses and costing her a fortune, Britain's Daily Mail reports.

"I know it sounds strange," Ms McCormack said. "But it happens when customers pop to the toilet or put their pint down for a second, when they turn around there is an extra inch of beer."

Ms McCormack said her regulars "love it" but claimed the ghost was costing her a fortune as customers weren't paying for as much booze.

"We are getting more people through the door but it seems to be people expecting a cheap, never-ending pint," she said.

She now plans to hold a seance to get the ghost to quit, and if that fails, she will turn to an exorcist.

source here...

2. Publicity stunt.

(hah!)

3. ...I hope it IS being topped up with beer!!!... but I guess warm beer does taste a bit like piss anyway!!.... and that coming from a pom!!! :eek:

Used to drink in a pub where your drink would reduce if you left it un-attended!!.... landlady had a huge great dane which would slurp all glasses within reach!! :p

4. If it's encouraging people to drink more and get drunk, it's certainly not the HOLY Spirit; Proverbs 20:1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise. :LOL:

5. Ah, but beer isn't wine - and if you drink the American stuff it certainly can't be classified as strong drink, so I guess that means it's ok. :p

6. Paul, I would love to comment, but I can't , just now

7. John 2:1-11 :p

That certainly encouraged people to drink more - the New Testament equivalent of a pub run when the booze ran out...

8. In the NIV translation of the bible, it says beer.

9. So does that mean wine is now ok, but beer is out?

10. Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by them is not wise.

However, hornets version is a more accurate translation from the original script.

How did this turn into a bible thread?