Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A very new oldie, who is not really old.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Garfield, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Hi, to all. Am currently based in Melbourne, but do escape from the city a bit. Well I am new, well not that new actually, because I was born in the first half of the fifties, and am very proud of that. But I have never joined the army, was a very active anti war objector in the seventies and I have never really conformed to anything in my whole life. So these netrider rules will be a challenge. Have always believed that rules are meant to be broken for life to progress. Anyway, rode my first bike when I was 14 as transport to get to school and have not really stopped since. Road racing is my passion. Best regards to all of the netrider community.

2. Welcome, mate.

It's always nice when another '50's kid turns up.

3. yes, I am still a kid, cannot believe how some of the "oldies" behave. Am definately not in this catagory, Firmly believe that the more birthdays you have, the more you have to celebrate.

4. Not all of the mods are young guys, I'm late 40's and I'm told Hornet600 is late Jurrasic era :wink:

5. <creaking of bones> Who said that??? These young whipper-snappers.....

Welcome fellow-oldie. My sig on MSN is the Jimmy Buffett line, "I'm growing older, but not up.."

I suspect as an ex-conscript soldier, you and I could have some interesting discussions, but for the moment, welcome to Netrider.

Road racing? Did you race, photograph, spectate???

6. you old farts!

7. Your day will come, young joel :LOL:.......

8. i firmly believe that my denial is a lovely state of mind :LOL:

9. welcome aboard.
    are you really scared of spiders :LOL:

10. Someone better explain to him that he may need to change his username !

Just in case he hears the story about about the day when 5 Melb NRs almost gave Hornet600 a heart attack !
    And got the local police in Wollongong worried when 5 motorbikers were roaming the streets calling out . . Garfield !! . .Garfield !!

:rofl:

Welcome !
    (and ask the Melb guys involved in the Garfield Incident the full story)
    :LOL:

11. what, scared of spiders? what do you mean? Rather odd greeting. There are plenty around race tracks, you will find the odd red back at Broadford in particular. Would you like to know how to deal with a spider if you meet one. Please advise.

12. And got the local police in Wollongong worried when 5 motorbikers were roaming the streets calling out . . Garfield !! . .Garfield !!

Well spiders, police, etc etc. Sorry guys, generally manage to keep myself off the streets and out of mischief. Thought this was some sort of m/c forum.

Welcome !
    (and ask the Melb guys involved in the Garfield Incident the full story)
    :LOL:[/quote]

13. Obviously, you are not familiar with the garfield cartoons.

14. hi and welcome

15. 000200A1. Welcome to NR :cool:

16. Aha, enlightenment comes in the form of a PM. Welcome, Garfield :wink:

17. Micky, I was one of those blokes, and there were no cops. Just as well, because catnapping is a serious offence in Wollongong.

18. Thanks Bubbly and Gixxa Freddy, great to hear from you and thanks for the greetings.

Sorry Caz, am not familiar with the Garfield cartoons, MVrog just told me they exist. What media are they in?

Ah, Paul, the power of PM's. Greetings to you too and rev rev forever.