Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A UK Driver aware TV add

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by VTRBob, Sep 2, 2007.

1. #1 VTRBob, Sep 2, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    I recon this is a damn good driver aware add and should be on over here !

It is very realistic in the 1st few seconds

2. :lastweek:
    Been posted before, Unanimously decided that it should be re-shot in Australia, using the same script (I believe)...

Good ad though
  3. Ok. I agree the concept is spot on. But rewind back to the start b4 the cager pulls out....... The bike is not in the shot. But at the end when showing how he should look, it is.........Accuracy guys please!
  4. It's to highlight how motorcycles seem to "not be there" due to some car drivers thinking of only looking out for vehicles that are cars, trucks, buses etc. Motorcycles are not part of that group and therefore the (stupid) car driver(s) in question simply do not see them. It's more of a metaphoric scene as opposed to a "real life" scene. So, what a car driver sees, may not be what is happening in real life.

Sad thing is, the people that this ad is directed to (the said car drivers who don't "look for bikes"), are probably too daft to realise this as it is in it's "artistic sense" so they need to make it literally stand out by having the text "Look out for bikes". They don't realise that the literal words/text is only there for "them" because people who can actually think for themselves actually would understand the context of the bike not being in the original scene as opposed to it really being there "in reality"

Well, that's my take on it anyway and my brain is dumbed down in a pain killer haze :wink: For the car drivers out there "See, Wazza is saying a bike riders brain that is dumbed down is superior to a car drivers brain that is running on "normal" which in reality, is about 1/10th of a bike riders brain running on "normal" :p

This is getting too much out of the box thinking, hey look out there, the sun is shining! :grin:
  5. Woulda had more "impact" if the bike was in the first shot before the driver pulls out.

Good add though.

By the way, owwwch!