Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A tribute

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Iffracem, Nov 2, 2005.

1. To all those who leave this world too soon, and to those they leave behind.

Eric Claptons Immortal song.
    "Tears in Heaven"

Would you know my name
    If I saw you in heaven
    Will it be the same
    If I saw you in heaven
    I must be strong, and carry on
    Cause I know I don't belong
    Here in heaven

Would you hold my hand
    If I saw you in heaven
    Would you help me stand
    If I saw you in heaven
    I'll find my way, through night and day
    Cause I know I just can't stay
    Here in heaven

Time can bring you down
    Time can bend your knee
    Time can break your heart
    Have you begging please
    Begging please

Beyond the door
    There's peace I'm sure.
    And I know there'll be no more...
    Tears in heaven

Would you know my name
    If I saw you in heaven
    Will it be the same
    If I saw you in heaven
    I must be strong, and carry on
    Here in heaven

Here in heaven

Sorry, but Lloyds loss brings back emotions that I don't want to lose.
    RIP David, my son and friend.
  2. JJ, as I look at my two lovely adult children, and read this, I cry for your loss........ commiserations my friend.
  3. Not just my loss mate...

but for everyone who's suffered same.

4. My heart felt sorrow iffracem , for the loss of your son and best mate , those years ago. :(
  5. JJ, getting an emotional response from me means something, and you did. I really feel for you mate.

6. There isn't anything to say that hasn't been said before mate. I won't insult you by saying I know how you feel, because I don't and I hope I never do.

Our son's name is David, he's a good mate, he's my riding buddy, and yes I am blessed.

Keep his memory strong mate.
  7. Thanks for the replies, but please... IT'S NOT JUST ME!!!

I'm trying to pay tribute to Lloyd, his brother, the parents...
    EVERYONE who has experienced this, not just Dave and my family.

Eric Clapton wrote the song after his son fell from a hi-rise (40+ stories IIRC) The pure emotion he puts into it is why it's so good, so poignant.

To ALL who have lost. I'm with you, I think we all are.

Thanks again
  8. I playe dthat song at my Dad's funeral.. He was 42 :(

I am really sorry about your loss

9. I'll admit it - that song and the story behind it always get to me. :cry:
  10. Agree Iffracem, we need to remember those who left us every now and again. :wink:
  11. Its amazing how certain things can really touch you. I feel so much for people who lose there loved ones.
  12. Thanks dude, that means a lot.
    I'm fine when I'm around people. Alone, it's bad.
  13. its hard when you loose a loved one , especially those times on your own as you say.
    thats what familys and communitys like here are for , not only we ride together , biatch at each other , rant rave and carry on , but we also stick together too.
    when things get a bit overwhelming , get on here and let rip, or even have a laugh .
    there is allways someone posting something that deserves having the piss taken out of them .
    I know this doesnt come near making amends but its a time waster and may help .

all the best to you during these tough times , and iffa you know the same goes out to you and your better half too.

kindest regards
  14. All the very best JJ It's hard when you outlive your offspring.
    That song sums up everything. To lose a child is heartbreaking.
    I look at my 6 month old as he sleeps and always theres that fear of the unknown future, the love you feel for one so small and helpless and the joy and aspirations you have for him.
  15. Mum asked that this song be played at the graveside when they lower him into his new home.