Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A tale begins: the bike adventures of shonofear

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by shonofear, May 14, 2011.

1. hey,
    thought I would journal/log bits and pieces along the way of becoming a hopefully one day seasoned rider. mostly accomplishments will be put into here.
    Bike=
    Honda VTR250 2005 model, named Mick Blue (refer to naming ya bike thread :p)

Day 01: it begins
    Saturday 14th May 2011, 0500 am 7 degrees outside temp no gloves (regret) why drive when i can now ride to McCafe which has been my morning ritual for sometime, about 10kms. coffee warms the hands, head off again round 0630 cruising the water coastline of Gold Coast getting a feel for the bike and boy i like what im feeling.
    Anyway, after doing some back streets around the QLD/NSW border I choose to try out the Highway which is around 5kms till my turn off at Currumbin, so went into a lower racing possy and felt pretty comfy at 100kph sitting at 7 thou revs. was daunting thinking about but once in motion felt better. But lucky not much traffic being a Sat and all, would be a lot more difficult doing 110 with 4 lanes + traffic im sure.
    Thats it for now, pick up some gloves soon and do my first proper ride with me flat mate tomora morning, try the twisties towards Mt Tambourine way :p
    Time to do a first clean on the bike now.
    out for now

2. Day 02: The riders High to Nimbin
    Sunday 15th May,
    after buying some gloves and riding jackets decided to head South and since both had not yet visited Nimbin 'weedville' we headed off.
    Plenty of hills and twisties made it a real treat, going through murwillumbah there were soooo many bikers around, felt pretty cool being sort of part of the group.
    no dramas, actually a fella overtook us on his super hot racer and doing the full pro cornering positions with bum shift and all it made me straight away experiment with it and with some slight open leg, heaps better :p
    anyways,
    fun learning experience.
    posted a pic in the recent rides section but heres one with some bikes all lined up in Nimbin.

Attached Files: