Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A slightly sad state of affairs todays world can be

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by doonx, Sep 12, 2005.

1. I had the Kwakka on the front lawn yesterday morning for it's long overdue wash (yes, that's the reason it pissed down yesterday). While I was washing away the 17 year old girl from next door walked past, I said "hi", she said "hi", I muttered things under my breath that I won't repeat here.

About 20 minutes later a little fella about 3-4 years old came along the path on his scooter and stopped just before he got level with me. He was just watching me wash the bike. I said

"g'day little mate"

he didn't answer. I said

"how you going ?"

he said

"I'm not allowed to talk to you cause I'm not allowed to talk to stranger danger"

I said

"Yeah, that's cause you don't know me. Oh well, you have a great day then, OK ?" and carried on washing the bike.

he sheepishly noded at me and off he went.

I thought to myself that he did the right thing, and that his parents have taught him well. I also went onto think about the fact that when I was 5 I was out the front door by 8:30 on a Saturday morning on my pushie and the next time I was back was at 6:00pm for dinner. It made me think about what this kid was missing out on. It's not his parents fault, it's simply the world we live in nowadays, and that's the sad part.

Oh to be young without a care in the world again, as opposed to being not so young and in a world without care ......
  2. No the trick would be to BE young again , but retain the knowlage I have now !!

Come here my little prettys

3. I missed the important part of your story...

When the 17yo walked passed, was it already raining? Did she have an umbrella?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. no & no

on her way back she said she was tired and had had a HUGE Saturday night. I asked if it was "worth it ?" She said, "always..."

I bit my lip
  5. :oops:
  6. You Bit Your Lip ? hmmmm that is not the comment expected from My No 2 nipple !!

:twisted: :p
  7. Oh sorry, I forgot to mention that I did have my wang in my left hand battin' off like a demon at the same time
  8. towel pls , I just sprayed my coffee all over my desk and screen

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for the laugh :D

10. bwhahahahahaha! call of the day for sure :applause: :LOL:
  11. haha :D doonks defends his no.2 title
  12. but to get back to the point,

i use to be able to go out early on my pushie and come h ome for lunch, then go out again only to come back for tea, out again and back before 9 (daylight savings time)

some of my friends back then werent allowed to come out after tea or certain times during the day, man i got bored during the holidays by myself! G I JOE!
  13. hey stop mixing quotes from other threads you making me look like a dirty old pervert ...........

oh wait I think I am

:LOL: :twisted: :LOL:
  14. bob....... do you REALLY need someone else to make you look like a dirty old pervert? :LOL:
  15. I grew up in a time when life WAS quieter and safer.

Now I teach kids who are street-wise and hard-bitten before they even get out of Primary School.

I think my childhood was a lot more enjoyable.

Sad that we have lost our innocence (although perhaps bob never had his)

16. It is indeed his parents generations fault. It is his parents (and their parents) generation that is responsible for the environment that children today have to grow-up in!
    • Like Like x 1
  17. uuuuuuummmmmm his parents generation would be you and I Mouth. My kids are 9 & 11, they live in a the same world of stranger danger.

I don't think things are really that different in terms of the dangers, I think it's our awareness of the potential dangers are very different.
  18. Mulgrave you say....

17 you say...

:twisted: ... =P~ ... :oops:

I'll have to come wash my bike next week ;)
  19. Would those thoughts/mutters be things that one could go to jail for a.k.a Jailbait :shock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: they are always the best thoughts :shock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :wink:

Cheers 8)