Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A short video ride

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by nicka, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Hey all.
    I just discovered this place yesterday and signed up and thought i would start my presence here with a quick ride and video i did just a couple of weeks ago.
    The idea of this video was just to get the camera postion right on the bike and also see how i went adding some music to it that i played myself.
    There will be some more in the near future and hopefully a bit more exciting with some better guitar playing but you gotta start somewhere :roll: .
    The ride is about 10 minutes from home around an extinct volcano that i often like to cruise around on a Sunday arvo if i have nowhere else to go.

Anyway i hope you can find some enjoyment in it.

TowerHill

Nick

2. Wow, it's got music!... and photo's of dropbears!!1! :shock:

:p

Looks like a neat little park to ride in. What camera gear are you using?

3. Thanks Ktulu

Its just a 5MP Kodak digital still camera.

4. Hah! Cool :)

I should have a go with my digital still shot... it's video quality isn't terrible.

How'd you mount it?

5. Very simply Ktulu

I started off having complicated brackets and trying to remove vibration by bolting the bracket across both mirrors and using springs and then simply just using 1 bit of 1/4 by 1 inch flat bar from 1 mirror.
    Having it supported from only 1 mirror still gives it plenty of stability and also alows it to be quickly removable.

I was woried about it at first that it would swing around but as you would have seen this road was very rough and probably the roughest road that i ever ride on and it didn't move at all.

I am going to make another one sitting about 20-30mm lower so the speedo and tacho are captured but at times like this vid i think the more scenery captured the better as there is no real speed involved in this one.

Here's a picture of it.

Camer Mount

Also the rubber on the bracket between the camera helps a lot too and takes some of the shock out of the camera.

Nick

6. Nice!

My camera has a thread for a tripod mount, so I might look into a bolt through a bracket with a locknut to hold it in place.

I'll have to get some free editing software too, I guess.

7. nice vid what editing sofware do you use

8. Ktulu
    The thread in the bottom i think is a 1/4 inch.
    I use a wing nut type bolt so its easy to adjust and the rubber as like the spring washer.

jasonw
    Thanks and the software was all done in Windows movie maker including the intro which was pictures drawn in excell then automated in movie maker.

9. nice job mate, looks great, I like the incorporaton of the scenery and wildlife, breaks it up touch

Cheers :cool:

10. When I was down in Melbourne last weekend Stookie showed me a movie he's made, and it was amazing. How did he mount the camera? Simple. He put it in the pocket on his tank bag and pointed it in the right direction. The bag damped out the vibration and the result was a clear, crisp video. Worth thinking about.....