Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A sad day at Broadford

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Chairman, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Deyago and I rode to Broadford today to watch JohnnyO race in the Victorian Road Race Championships.

A tragedy in the 250GP class brought the day's competition to an early end. Sadly, we listened to the news that Richard Cant, riding Honda RS250, had been killed in an incident that brought down a number of bikes.

Competitors, crew and spectators gathered in pit lane and observed a minutes' silence in respect for a downed rider. Condolances to Richard's family and friends.

2. Condolances :(

3. May he RIP,condolences to the poor guys family :( :( :( :(

4. :cry:

My respect and condolences to family and friends.

At least he was doing something he enjoyed, if that can make any difference.

JJ

5. My thoughts are with his family and friends but as someone said hey he went doing what he obviousley loved doing and who can blame him Cheers Bob

6. I am very sorry for Richard's family, I will try and find out some contact details, just in case anyone would like to offer their condolences to loved ones. :(

7. Thanks Mark, I couldn't remember the man's last name and didn't want to get something important like that wrong, so I held off posting about it.

To say I was shocked is an understatement, this is a real tragedy on a day that was all about a bunch of blokes just having a bit of fun.

It is a sad way to go and I hope and pray his wife and family can get through it all ok.

It reminds me that as much as I love riding and take it all for granted, it's all to easy for it all to go wrong.

8. RIP Richard, and my sympathy to the family... :cry:

Regards

Matt.

9. Codolences to Richards' family and friends. This is a tragedy and reminds us all of how fragile life can be. Enjoy your time and don't be bitter towards friends and loved ones. You just never know.

Stew

10. sincere condolances to Richards family and friends .
    Our prayers and thoughts are with you during this traumatic time .
    kindest regards
    Glen, Nicky and the Roberts Boys

11. I personally cant understand how you can find any amusement in that. But forget that anyway...

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

12. Very sad to hear. :( My deepest sympathy to family and friends.

Lids

PS. Party Girl - take a hike!! :evil:

13. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Greg

14. What a terrible tradgedy :(

My thoughts go out to his family and friends who are left to grieve their loss.

:(

15. I was just thinking,maybe we should have a quick whip around and all chuck in a few dollars to send his family some flowers from the netrider forum? What do you guys/gals think?Is there someone we can trust to give the money to and arrange the flowers?

16. good idea, any takers?

17. Excellent Vic(sorry i didnt notice b4 my post) Im going to put $5-$10 in the account tommorow,i would love to put in more,but im pushin crap uphill atm,thanks m8.

RIP Richard,you will be missed! :( :(

18. Despite what some of our members think of us, we really do care for rider safety.

19. I'm sure I can find a few bucks. We should find out if the gesture would be appreciated? I don't want to step on the poor family's toes.

20. You are very correct my man.......now where do we find a suitable candidate...........

Oh look here's one.......They call it Jake aka Deyago.

Thats the spirit mate, can you do the question asking and take the reigns for this one? :)

We would all love you more of course.....