Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A Returning Rider

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by CarltonJ888, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Hi,
    I am a returning rider. I last rode back in 2007. I have just got my Ls and am looking for a bike to ride during my time on Ls and Ps. I have researched and like the look of the V Star 650 Custom. Just looking for some feedback on what your opinions are on a decent LAMS bike?
    Thank you

2. welcome aboard :) Nice ride the XVS.
    plenty of current and previous Vstar riders here, I'm sure one or two will be along soon
  3. Thanks mate
  4. If u like riding a cruiser they are great bikes mate. I wouldn't recommend trying to pass your P test on it though. That's damn near impossible, just hire a bike for that.
  5. Welcome to NR from Adelaide
  6. Thank you.
    I will take that on board
  7. Thank you
  8. Thank you
  9. Welcome to NR..

I'd the V-star from 2011 to 2015 and clocked up about 41K Kms on it. Didn't miss a beat and absolutely loved it.

A brilliant learner bike...
  10. Thanks for that. Much appreciated.
    Look forward to getting one
  11. Welcome mate
  12. I just posted this elsewhere, but it fits this thread as well.

I've just been down this road, returning rider, starting out again etc etc... And even if you are dead-set on a V-Star, go and have a look at the Kawasaki Vulcan S. For the amount of different bikes I got on, this thing just felt right! A few extra mod cons on it, and a similar price. I also found it to be a bit more nimble than the V. And the braking, not even a fair fight there.

It was all a bit surreal in the end. I've only previously ever owned Yamaha on dirt or road, was buying either a MT07 or XVS, and came home with a Kawasaki. Once I got on it, the show was over!
  13. Welcome to the forum mate