Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A Rant From A Red Plater.

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' at netrider.net.au started by CRAB, Mar 23, 2016.

1. A rant...
    I'm lucky enough to have three bikes with Club Permit Rego. One is a 650 cc and the other two bikes are under 200cc and I'm out and about on the Peninsula quite often on the smaller machines. Being slow bikes I always stay well over to the left. Generally, I have found car drivers to be quite ok, they see the old bike and red plate and give me plenty of room...if I had to make a complaint it would be that some drivers are a little over cautious when passing.
    On the rant...
    The only time I have nearly come to serious grief was by a fellow motorcyclist.
    I was on a very straight stretch of road just outside Hastings. There was no traffic about at the time. I could see the bike coming up behind in my mirrors..I thought "no problems". Well buggar me, that turkey came past with about 2cm to spare between handle bars...nearly took both of out. I do believe it was deliberate act as the road was clear..he just saw a slower bike than his and thought he would prove what a great rider he was..BTW, he was a P Plater on a shitbox 250. Rant over.

2. There are wankers everywhere mate....

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Too much testosterone and a boy-racer attitude! You'd hope that he'll grow up one day soon.

4. Likely was looking at your bike out of curiosity and went where he looked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Target fixation. Probably shit himself!