Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A question I'm ashamed to ask

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by sonicbaz, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Can you really buy a mobile phone that sticks to your helmet like in Torque?

2. with the money they spent on torque you could do almost anything ;)
  3. I'd be more embarressed to admit u'd watched Torque....then again it does have some kick ass bikes/stunts/bods :oops: :p :LOL: :grin:

Oops, did I just admit to watching it too? :oops: :eek:
  4. Dunno.
    What's Torque? :p

Why would you bother?
    If you really need to be available to answer a call while riding, get a bluetooth capable phone and a bluetooth headset.
    They have an automatic answer option so you don't need to do anything. Just start talking.
    Then again, you can't see who's calling so it could be an Indian call centre, and you couldn't hang up on them unless you have a phone with abnormally large buttons capable of being pressed with gloves on.
  5. Or you had bothered to train the voice commands that most phones have, with your helmet on. Mind you I don't know if it would actually work, I've never tried it, but theoretically my phone could do it.
  6. The other option is to buy a bluetooth capable helmet, that way you don't look like a tosser and it is more functional :grin:
  7. Yep, 'cos we know how good the phone is for attention in the cage, and how healthy that level of attention would be on a bike... ;)

{/phone nazi, apparently}
  8. hahaha nice one Phone Nazi.. I mean Bravus...

Personally I like not having the phone readily answerable whilst on the bike, that'd sh!t me, winding out on some sweepers and then *Ring Ring*. Screw that. :twisted:
  9. Yeah the bike is about you and the road. If it is important they will call back.

Anyway there was a thread a couple of weeks ago on a blue tooth set that got some good reviews if you want to go that way, maybe check out the Reviews section.
  10. SHOEI are releasin a line of helmets with bluetooth earpeices in them,

But i'll never personally own one.

Too expensive and more importantly i don't want any un-natural sounds in the helmet, i want to be able to hear everything that is going on. road noise bike noise and anything else that might be happeneing, like an emergency vehicle that is coming.