Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

a question about my new bike

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by lord_Davros, Jun 12, 2006.

1. hi i am waiting to do my learners test in as and have bought a KAWASAKI 1985 KR 250 in great condition for 700.. just wondering what people think of this bike and if its a good learners bike... and if it handles well.
    thanks
    dave

2. great price!

3. 700 bucks, it's a great learners bike! You are guaranteed not to lose more than $700 upon resale, gotta be happy with that.

4. lol that is true.. and since everyone is saying almost all learners drop their first bike its a probaly good not to loose too much.. i had a friend who brought a brand new bike for their l's (actually the old's bought it) and he dropped it 2 weeks later and wrote it off.. he was fine just damaged pride and wallet... i must admit i am a little aprehensive about taking my first ride by myself... but i guess thats normal. after all 8 years ago i was a werck when i first got my p's and drove the car solo ;)
    thanks for the feedback