Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A question about alarms.

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Funkmonkey, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Greetings all.

Ive just found a motorcycle alarm system on ebay that i wanted to hear some views on.

Now this thing is selling for only $19.90, and claims to be installable in 10 minutes.
    I know that if youre going to go for an alarm theres plenty of fancy ones floating around with all sorts of features on them, whereas this is a basic shock alarm.
    Im not a fan of ebay items because i like being able to see what im going to buy first so im wondering what you guys thing of it. Cheap/Crap/Not worth the money, or Cheap/Cheerful/Will probably do the job it claims to do and therefore $20 well spent.

What do you think people?

The Funk.
  2. Shock alarms are usually fairly easy to manufacture and if you park in areas that you may have people monkeying around with the bike its probably better than nothing.

At least if it is bumped by Mrs 4wd and her 5 children it will start to draw people's attention so someone may get a license plate as they drive away. Ditto with the kids climbing on the bike situation. It is unlikely to deter a professional thief but then not much will.
  3. Plus if someone tries to steal your bike from your carport while you sleep, it will wake you up. Heard about a guy who had a Xena disc lock on his Harley Davidson, bike was parked near his bedroom, some guy came up and tried to steal the bike, tripped the alarm and woke the owner up.
  4. Cheers for that lads. Lol Kernel brave move trying to steal a Harley.....