Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A now bonafide L plater

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Gods Country, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Hi Everyone,

I did the Pre-L over the weekend and it was quite an enjoyable day, good weather & lots of fun.
    Sat the computer test on Monday and now I ahve those lovely Gold L plates WooHoo!

All I need now is delivery of my bike (yes I'm one of the lucky ones waiting on the 250 Ninja DOH!)

Shouldn't be too much longer and I'll see some of you out on the roads.
  2. heh heh, you said boner
  3. Congratulations Gods Country, Make sure you practice the exercises and skills they teach you in the pre-learner course. That amongst a load of other things is what they'll test you on in the P's course.

What training centre did you go to?
  4. I did it at the Loftus centre, it was the earliest I could get in, happened to be the closest too which was good.

I felt I got a lot out the 2 days as I pushed myself a bit harder than they were asking. eg: getting us to pull up from 25k's I was pushing to 35-40ks and after a couple of runs at it.

There will be a lot of practice before the P's test and then I'm thinking of doing the stay upright advanced rider courses.
  5. I did my pre-learners at Stay Upright, I enjoyed it there.

I've also heard good things about Stay Upright, their courses are very comprehensive.
  6. Congrats Gods Country.

Maybe we should start a group for new L plates that don't have bikes yet to scratch their itch :LOL:
  7. We should start riding around all geared up on our pushies haha
  8. Yeah and get some mp3s of bike noises to play on the ipod :LOL: :p
  9. Isn't that what everyone does? I thought it was normal... better take my helmet off.