Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A newbie who needs advice!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by iamvinhy, Apr 1, 2005.

1. heyy!!

im getting my license in exactly 3months and ive already found the one I want. I am only 16 but I have budgeted my amount at $7000. I lookd at a few bikes and so far I've found the ZX2R (ZXR250) Kawasaki Ninja to be the hottest 250 ive seen.

I am concentrating on looks, sound and being comfortable on the bike since no doubt I'll be riding it for maybe a few years if more just so I can gain as much experience as possible before upgrading.

Any tips about the ZX2R would be very much appreciated :]

Also, would a SHOEI helmet be the best buy? Pricey yes, but they seem to be the most reliable helmet out apparently.

Contact me by msn: msn@iamvinhy.com
    if you wanna chat bout the ZX2R, especially if you have one :LOL:
  2. Heya iamvinhy,

Welcome to the forums :)

When you say you have bugeted about 7k, is that just for the bike, or for the bike AND gear. You might be looking at between $1200 and $1500 for the gear alone. This might sound pricey, but its the best investment you'll ever make.

What I'd suggest you do (if you haven't already done it) is pick up a copy of the Motorcycle Trader magazine from a newsagent, it'll help you to figure out how much on average a zx2 is worth.

Just remember, the bike is for fun, the gear is to keep you alive when the fun turns nasty :D
  3. Hi and welcome!

Try lots of different helmets on - you may find you don't have a Shoei-shaped head...
  4. Yeah, try lots. With helmets, fit rules the roost. If it don't fit, it's worse than useless.

Protection-wise theres not much to choose between them. The cheaper ones tend to look tired sooner, have vents that don't, er .. vent and aren't as well finished as the more expensive ones.