Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A newb from Melb

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by voytek, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Hello all,

I've finally decided it's about time I actually did something towards my long hidden dream of bike riding. Starting my L plates course/exam this weekend. Have any of you been to Motorcycle Motion in Moorabin? What did you think of it? My first impressions are quite positive, the paperwork they sent me explains quite a lot of what to expect during the course. Very professional, compared to the introduction course I did few weeks back, in Danadenong. I don't really want to complain about it, I had fun I must say. The trainer knew about bikes, no worries. It's just that it seemed the trainer was told about conducting the course about 2 minutes before the course started :) . He was sort of lost for words a bit and was inventing the course plan on the fly. But in the end I enjoyed the practital (riding) part and as a result now can't wait to start the real thing.

Wish me luck.
    -Wojtek :newb:

2. Hi, and welcome :)

I am friends with an instructor from Motorcycle Motion...he may well be the instructor you get, he works on weekends.
    anyway...I mentioned that I was interested in getting my L's, next thing He's got me in the car and we are on our way to motorcycle motion!
    (saturday arvo, and he was not working)
    A few quick pointers, and Im off doing laps around the range within 5 minutes.
    great bunch of blokes down there, very professional and down to earth too!
    You will have a ball, and Im sure you will pass, they are very friendly and make you feel at ease in no time!

Good luck
  3. I did my L plate course and test at motorcycle motion, they were fine. You should have no worries.

Enjoy the course and the big wide world it opens up for you... :grin: