Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A new rider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by lukestuart1, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Hello from a new Sydney rider

Hey guys.

My name is Luke and im 23.

Im going for my Pre-Learner riding test in 2 weeks and hopefully get my license and a bike not long after that.

Im pretty excited and cant wait till i grab a bike

2. Hi Luke. Good luck with getting your learners and looking for a new bike is very exciting. Just out of curiosity, what kind of bikes are you leaning towards?

3. Thanks Quo Vadas.

At the moment the bikes that are on the list are:
    GS500 (F possibly)
    SV650LAMS

Looking at getting either of these a few years old

4. Welcome!

5. G'day mate

Welcome.

Have fun on the pre-learners and buyig a bike and gear.

Fun Ha!

6. Good luck and welcome to the nut house mate,

Cam

7. Welcome to NR :D

8. Welcome to NR.

9. Hi My Name is Ken i am 55 I am a new member to Netrider forums I live in Narrabeen on the Northern Beaches I am a Provisional rider on a 2009 Honda Cb400 Luke you cant go wrong with a honda Cb400 abit pricy thought but they retain their resale value

10. Welcome in Ken and +1

You might note that stuart is not quite as old as us old farts and probably doesnt have the disposable income that tends to come with it.

As much as I hate to admit it, given how many noobs here have GS500s, I'd have to suggest that those other choices are pretty good too.

11. Hey Ken, thanks for that.
    I actually sat on a CB400 over the weekend and it was too short for me, my knees really hit the tank and was quite uncomfortable.
    SO i had to cross that off the list

12. Welcome aboard! Good luck on the tests!

13. OK Good news everyone.

I just picked up a 2007 GS500F.
    Well i will be picking it up on Saturday.

But im pretty pumped.

Pre-Learner test on Sat & Sun and then go for my license on Tue

14. Hi Luke and welcome to Netrider. Best of luck with your upcoming L's mate and enjoy the day - just take in all the instructors have to offer on the day and you'll be JUST fine (y)
    GS500 (or 'F' faired version) seem to rate 'up there' in not only for beginners but for the intermediate/advanced rider also. You'll soon discover all these individuals and learn from their experiences/comments. On this note, congratulations on your recent purchase !

Welcome to you also, Ken777 (love the numbers associated with your name mate)..any particular reason ? The description under my name might drop a hint as to my query.
    Enjoy the forums (y)

15. HI LUKE STUART!

nice to meet you :)

i'm 23 also, but just moved to QLD after living in Syd my whole life.

Enjoy the GS500, absolutely beautiful and reliable FUN bike!

16. Hi Nickers330.
    Pleased to meet you and thanks for the welcome.

I am a Biker 4 Christ www.bikers4christ.org and the numbers are scriptural and referenced in the Bible in the book of Revelations.

I am guessing you are a pilot and your ride is the 330 Air Bus or do I have it completly wrong

Cheers
    Ken

17. Hi Luke

Well done on the purchase of the GS500. If you are doing the HART course the Instructors are the best and you will gain a lot of very usefull info as well as that a great choice for your fisrt bike as Nickers 330 sadi you will get alot out of it as it suits all levels of rider. Stay upright and all the best with your tests.

Cheers
    Ken

18. Ken,
    You are spot on (y) Was gonna name myself after a favourite bike etc etc, but the rate at which I seem to be going through different bike types, it would be a chore in itself ! :)
    Welcome aboard....erm, Netrider !

19. Welcome Luke !

20. ARGH!!!!

I went to pick up the bike today (3 hours to get there)
    Had a look at it and it looked pretty good... Till Dad turned it on and took it for a spin.

It had a Jardine exhaust on it. VERY LOUD. Dad thinks that the baffles had been taken out, this thing was ridiculously loud, like i dont even know if it would pass rego.
    So Dad takes it for a 10 min ride and comes back and says that one of the fork seals were leaking. Now remember that this bike only has 4300km on it, so we werent happy.

Walked out and spent another 3 hours driving home.

Not Happy