Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A new Melbourne BMW dealer?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Heli, Jul 18, 2011.

1. I was told recently that Doncaster BMW are likely to set up as Motorrad dealers here in Melbourne before the end of 2011. They own Launceston and Hobart BMW (both with Motorrad) so it should be a natural progression.

But can the local market take another dealer? Sales across the board have plummeted over the past few years (not just BMW) so it has to be a Bold Move =D>

2. I like the people at Southbank BMW, but I didn't go there at all until Moto One closed. Doncaster is geographically unpleasant for me, so I'll still be going to Southbank, unless Brighton BMW becomes a Motorrad dealer.

3. I think geographically they need a bike dealer in the area, and given that they are going through a complete transofrmation of their dealership at the moment I don't see why they can't accomodate motorcycles.

Honestly it will give me a reason to visit their dealership other than to service my car, most of their 4 wheeled options are doing my head in, intorducing turbo's in M series cars is a mjor black mark in my books. A R1200GS however gets me excited.