Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A new Kawa 250?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Deadsy, Sep 6, 2007.

1. I just came across this thread on another forum with photos claiming to show a new Kawasaki 250cc bike. It shows design influences from the er6f and the zx6r. Looks pretty good, I hope it's true. :)

2. Looks like it could be a response the CBR125, chuck an updated GPX/ZZR 250 engine in a new chassis with the fancy bodywork and watch them walk out of the showrooms.
  3. That looks awesome! I suppose Kawasaki has to combat the new CBR125's cool looks, so this is a great addition to the GPX250! :).

I've test rode a GPX250 before, they feel great, hope this new one rides just as well!
  4. Looks Very good.
    Better to have the zxr engines than the zzr if it's going to be marketed as a sports bike though.
    It'd look good in my driveway, until I drop it of course
  5. YAY they are updating the late 80's styled GPX dinosaur.
  6. Prepared to pay $10'000 for the privelage?

A new, simple, powerfull twin engine would be best.
  7. hm i prefer the old style; the tyre looks proportional

maybe a black one or in better quality picture would look better
  8. that thing looks cool. and whats with the GPX lovers ....Ugliest Bike Ever
  9. I was hoping for this.

My GPX will now be the "last of the classics" :wink:
  10. Besides the 250cc engine. Lets hope they apply the same suspension, braking and dampening technologies from their larger cousins!!

Let face it there is nothing wrong with a 250cc engine. Its the quality of the stuff wrapped around it that I usually find disappointing.
  11. Thats what I'm worried about the ZXR engine being 4 cylinder, 4 valves per cylinder and 4 carburetors was expensive to produce I would think compared to the much simpler parallel twin of the GPX/ZZR.

For a learner that wants something that looks great I would think the engine out of the GPX would be ok wouldn't it? Don't know how anyone could like the look of the older GPX late 80's design compared to this one that looks like a mini ZX-600.
  12. pop a two stroker in and she would be a beauty! Maybe it's time for 250 manufacturers to look at what hysoung does with the 650? Imagine that bike as a 650 limited to lams with slide out carb restrictors! Sell like hot cakes I reckon. :grin:
  13. Man. I wish this had of been out earlier this year before I brought my GPX. That is one sexy bike for a 250.

14. That's the funniest thing I've heard in ages. Your bike is a similar style as a gpx and you paid a bucketload more for it. Keep up the good work.
  15. No the gpx is ugly. But for the price its like who cares if you dont mind.

That new kawa 250 does look awesome and we've all been saying the big companies MUST be responding to the increase in smaller capacity bikes with the increase of commuter riders, this type of thing looks like it could be the answer. I mean look at how much people spend on 15 year old cbr250rrs, how good would it be to have a brand new version with updated modern technology!
  16. I don't think the gpx250 is ugly, especially in the 05/06 colour scheme.

One thing I don't like in these spy shots are the thin tyres, like those found on the cbr125. :?
  17. They look a touch bigger then the cbr125 tyres, but still no 150's.

Looks to me like a twin, the first pic you can only see 2 pipes coming out the exhaust side.
  18. [​IMG]

This image is crying out for a caption/photoshop?
  19. Lol at least the price of a used gpx/zzr cant drop any lower
  20. i can't believe the old gpx won amcn entry bike of the year :LOL:

i just read every line of it with big grin, high performance, yeahhh!