Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A lucky crash?

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by Yarique, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Sorry but this morning I failed to predict what the car driver a few metres ahead and to the right of me was going to do, so when he cut in front of me without indicating to take a free parking lot on the left, he caught me almost unprepared. I didn't fly head first so it looked like I managed to shave off some speed, but still hit the car door straight on. Nevertheless, got out of it unharmed thanks to the gear. The bike needs mechanic's attention though.

Lessons (re)learned:
    - Riding gear saves your skin. A pair of good boots can also save your foot bones. There are no valid excuses for not wearing your gear. Riders in shorts give me the shivers.
    - We are invisible. I did know that fairly well but it appeared that my cager's mind reading skill still needed much improvement.
    - Comprehensive insurance may not be a bad idea.
  2. You are invisible, a drivers intentions cannot be 100% accurately predicted..and yes,some of them are out to get you.
  3. a, few meters ahead and to the right of you...that would put you close to his blind spot would'nt it?

Not saying he's not an idiot, but if you were in his blind spot, you were'nt doing yourself any favors, either.