Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

QLD A Little Something From ASBK

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by Colonel Coleman, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Here is a little bit of onboard footage from the Club Challenge support class at Round 5 of ASBK at Morgan Park. Poor little 400 gets a workout, but it's so much fun.

It's pit bay to pit bay to give you an idea of all the goings on in the background and what happens at a major race, with sighting lap, grid up and then warm up lap, grid up then start. My camera saves in 15 minute packets, so it's in 2 parts. I keep reducing my PB in this race lap by lap finishing with taking a full 2.1 seconds off it in the last lap of the race. The guy I am chasing actually gets pinged for a jump start and penalised 10 seconds dropping him behind myself and Gary who I dice with on the yellow bike. There are 28 starters, I am off the grid on 17th and wind up finishing 10th. In the warm down lap we come up and on a lapped rider, Pam. She is nearly almost always last, but always has the biggest smile on her face while racing, waves to everyone enthusiastically and thoroughly enjoys her racing proving you don't have to be at the pointy end to enjoy it.

CC

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. That's some awesome footage, really close racing with the yellow bike too. Impressive stuff!

If you don't mind me making a suggestion on improvement, I think you need to find a better or more stable location to mount your camera. The quality is extremely poor, and the youtube 'stabilisation' software can have that nauseating effect, making it difficult to watch. I would love to watch more of that type of racing, it just needs some work with the quality side.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah, I am working on that. ATM I am just using cheap camera's from Target($50 each) but they do shoot in full 1080HD.

Morgan Park is very bumpy, it even showed up like that in footage from the Superbikes on 7 mate, but I know what you are saying. A new screen wouldn't hurt either :)

Hoping to run front and rear camera's next round in more stable places, master editing and cut together a better video.

CC

• Like Like x 1