Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

a little political humor

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by OscarA, Jul 13, 2011.

1. A little humor

5 Passengers 4 Parachutes...

An aeroplane was about to crash; there were 5 passengers on board, but only 4 parachutes.

The first passenger said, "I am President Obama, the chosen one. The world needs me, I can't afford to die." So he took the first parachute and left the aircraft.

The second passenger, Julia Gillard, said, "I am the prime Minister of Australia and I am the smartest woman in Australian history, so Australia's people don't want me to die." She took the second parachute and jumped out of the aircraft.

The third passenger, Bob Brown, said, "I'm the leader of the Australian Greens and the nation needs my guidance and my boyfriend would miss me." So he grabbed the parachute next to him and jumped

The fourth passenger, ex-PM John Howard, said to the fifth passenger, a 10-year-old schoolgirl, "I have lived a full life, and served my country the best I could. I will sacrifice my life and let you have the last parachute."

The little girl said, "That's okay, Mr. Howard. There's a parachute left for you. Australia’s smartest woman took my schoolbag!”
  2. Poor Julia. Everyone hates her. You'd almost feel sorry for her if half of it wasn't rooted in truths.

Funny joke.
  3. ...Let's hope she took her Carbon Tax with her!!...INCOMING!!
  4. All the old George Bush jokes seem to be coming to the surface again. Although they are not quite as funny as he was a renound idiot, Gillards just easily hated.
  5. I actually prefer George over Julia. At least he didn't climb his way to office by pulling himself up on the knife handle stuck in his predecessor's back.
  6. Of course, he killed 100,000 Iraqis and about 5,000 American troops... but he didn't offend our tender sensibilities about how the game of domestic politics is played, so that's all right then.
  7. Thank you Bravus, you saved me the trouble.
  8. I am not sure how you believe that, would you blame the puppet at a ventriloquist's show if you found the show offensive?
  9. No, but if it was dubya with his Dad's hand up his butt to make his mouth work, I'd make an exception.

I'm a lefty. I was a Rudd voter. Julia, I'm not sure about. Same as her tax. I can see pros and cons. And how much of the situation that saw Rudd out and her in was actually her doing, I'm not sure. I don't know the story. I'm certainly not impressed, but I don't know that it's her I should be hating over it.

I do think, that as the first country to do this, everybody else is watching, and there are some that're doing more than just looking. Unfortunately we're part of the bigger picture, and the big kids are not going to just sit back and let us sort this out ourselves, they're going to meddle.
  10. Hey KD, we're not the first country to have an ETS type mechanism... NZ has one, and I think USA and Europe have one too. Or are you specifically talking about the blunt carbon tax scheme?
  11. I'm not following this closely or anything, so I could more than half the story wrong, but I understand some US states have implemented (pretty tame, mostly) measures at a state level, but there has not yet been any federal move - just lots of hot air. Same in the EU. I believe some states, and even a country or two have done something, but there's no EU wide measures.

What the Kiwis have done, I don't think matters all that much. They're a good deal more removed from the yanks than we are, and they resist the yanks trying to push them around better, and they're so small the yanks mostly just ignore them. Australia's different. The yanks - right wing yanks in particular - like to push us into stuff and then go 'Look! Even them pinko commie bastards down under are doing it! How can we not meet our obligations to democracy and apple pie?'

Comments largely based on this.

I find it interesting the number of informed and influential and credible people in the US who need to voice their opinion on Australian domestic policy, and equally interesting how vehemently opposed to the carbon tax they are. Anybody would think they were mouthpieces for big us business interests - oh, wait...