Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

a little bit of power

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by raven, May 2, 2006.

1. ...A bit of Horsepower goes along way...

I had the pleasure of riding a loner bike yesterday, since mine was in for a service.
    A Honda 250 (SR? I think)

It's not a hack, is well maintained, and comfy (relatively)...

So, I found myself filtering through to the start line at the traffic lights on Dandenong road...gave it a bit of a rev, and drove off when the lights changed, fully expecting to be way ahead of the traffic, when the traffic wizzed passed me on both sides!...EURGH!...
    Next set of lights and I swore THAT was'nt gonna happen again, so I gave it good rev and took off more or less flat stick....only to be passed by the line of cars both sides of me again...EEEK!...how demoralizing...

Anyways...I'm thinking this is positively UNSAFE!!...cars at close quarters moving past me on both sides...Bikes this size should'nt be trying to negotiate peek hour traffic...let me the heck outa here!!...

The rest of the day I forgot all about lane splitting and just sat in the traffic. (groan)

I'm back on my own bike this morning - what a joy to leave it all behind me, and be well in the clear by the time I get to the other side of the intersection...

...there's A LOT to be said for a bit of horsepower...phew!