Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC A kind of users guide to the Hoon laws, circa 2007 conference paper.

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by robsalvv, May 22, 2012.

1. Here's a VicPol paper, presented to a road safety conference regarding the Hoon laws. Look beyond the statistical flaws and dodgey constructs - this is an insight into VicPol and the author.

http://casr.adelaide.edu.au/rsr/RSR2007/PerryS1.pdf

2. It's another product of the "assumption" or "common sense" school of thought.

It says nothing about effectiveness of the laws themselves, it's all about the process itself and how it works. It might be appropriate for a conference on police operations but it contains nothing at all about how it actually makes roads safer and no review of its effectiveness long term.

3. I can't get past the police conference without a deep desire to watch Fear and Loathing in Los Vegas.

4. "lmproper Use of Motor Vehicle - defined as "intentional loss of traction to
    one or more heels"

Errr....Ok I must be a noob - where are the heels on my car and motorcycle?

"Process
    Once a police officer has impounded or immobilised a vehicle, he or she must speedily inform a senior police officer....'

OH NO SPEEDING!!! Won't somebody think of the chill-dren!?

Sorry, couldn't help myself...LOL :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Doesn't mention having one heel in the air :D