Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A hoy-hoy

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by illusionary, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Hey guys. Been browsing through here for a bout a week so I thought it's time to join and become formally accainted :p

I'm 21 and I used to ride trail bikes about 10 years ago but had to give it up when I moved away from the farm to the middle of the gold coast. I've just started to get back into it and I've now got a Honda XLR 250 (road rego'd trail bike).

I passed my Q-ride last week (w00t) and shortly after, found this board which has been a wealth of info for me so far. I'm real keen to get a proper road bike and I'm weighing up my options for a 250 of some sort. At the moment leaning towards a ZZR250 as it seems to be a popular choice for a learner bike, though I do like MC19 CBR250s (but insurance is a bit dearer).

Anyway, looking forward to learning more and being apart of this forum

2. Have you had a look at a naked bike?
    More specifically the Honda Hornet. I started with an SL250 road/trail/dual purpose. Sold it 3 mths later for the Hornet.
    Love her to bits !!!
  3. Welcome to NR! Good luck choosing a bike :grin:
  4. A REAL welcome to Netrider :LOL:

Lots of new riders pick the ZZR; it seems to be a very forgiving and reliable machine. Whatever you get, service it regularly and you'll be able to keep it for a long time, or get a reasonable re-sale for it when you move on and UP!!!
  5. Thanks for the welcomes :)

VCM I've thought about naked bikes.. but I love the look of faired bikes :LOL: