Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A 'Hi' from newly-joined Netrider . . . on 13th ride.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by vortexau, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Greetings to all - I've just completed the formalities for Forum Membership.

Been at a new address for the past 8 months, with all the different local terrain . . . country roads! A BIG change since my 13th mount is a Yamaha YP400S with that limited rear-wheel travel - OUCH!!

Am contemplating changing to a cruiser, an outfit, or to . . BOTH! (At once, that is) :)

HERE'S a pic of me from back in 1979:
    [​IMG]
    (Remember front plates?)

2. Welcome to the forums.. :grin:

3. G'day vortexau!

4. Thanks for the welcome . . . Blue12 and Ezyryder.

5. Welcome

And a 2001 one fan to i see :LOL:

6. welcome from me......

7. welcome and enjoy :grin:

8. G'day vortexau. welcome. Are you still wearing trhe train driver hats. they are cool :cool: with the kids again ya know. :wink:

9. hey i used to have a hat like that.......!

10. Welcome!

11. Welcome vortexau, my kids have hats like that :grin: :cool:

12. Welcome Vortexau, see you on the forums

13. Oh very cool :cool: There were front plates back then?!

Welcome Vortexau

14. Welcome :grin:

15. ? ? ? Train driver hat? That was a cool denim cap . . back in the seventies.

Something to put on after pulling off the crash-dome . . . particulary after arriving somewhere on the Moto Guzzi, or the chopper.

Of course, with the Guzzi (in winter) I also had a long white scarf. :cool:

16. Not all that cool. Sometimes the dealer butchered up the front of your NEW ride when he went through the registration formalities. BMWs (and some dukes) had fibreglass front guards.

So I re-shaped my 00-787 Guzzi front plate -- wrapped it around the instruments -- and mounted a tiny perspex screen a'top! (actually was a ex-fullface visor upside-down) :p

17. Welcome to the forum!!!

Will