Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A heart-starter

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' at netrider.net.au started by Bravus, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Not really a near miss, just a little story. Coming into a big roundabout pretty hot, on the inside lane of two, intending to go straight through. A car to my left, who should give way to me, starts coming into the intersection, on the outside lane. I can't see his indicator, so I don't know if he's going left - in which case all is fine - or straight ahead, in which case I'll t-bone him. Decide to give it a little extra so that, either way, I'll be through and out of the intersection before he makes it into my path. But I'm cranked over a fair way - it's a big roundabout, not a little one you can straightline - and I forget the Bandit's torque: the front slips out of line by 6-10 cm or so. At first I'm a bit nonplussed - clean, dry road, not even a white line. Then I realise: I gave it enough to make the front wheel a bit lighter, and that was enough. As I say, not that scary, but enough to call forth a rare expletive and lift the ole heart rate a little.

• Like Like x 1