Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC A Heads-up re: TAC

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by gunissan, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Just a quick heads-up, from another forum;

TAC survey currently underway--a heads up, full protection gear is stil being pushed

Just had a call from the Wallace group doing a survey on behalf of TAC.
    They are ringing everyone that has a bike registered in Vic.
    Some of the Q's are typical survey level as in they want a yes or no reply put forward as a scale of 1-10, it's a headfk.
    Lots of tricky Q's too, such as 'on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being none and 10 being almost guaranteed, what do you think your chances are of getting caught if you ride at 10k over in a 50 zone' with variations of 60 and 100 k zones. [if i answered honestly that i have almost zero chance then thats just going to see more cops on the roads...not always a good thing]
    Same Q for getting caught if you have been drinking, and again your chances of crashing if you have been drinking.
    Same set again for drugs.
    Then they got to the gist of the survey, 'woudl you accept a discount in your tac fees if you agreed to wear full gear every time you rode?' plus variations of that too.
    'Would you accept a concession from the govt to buy your head to toe gear?'
    Of course i would if i was getting compulsory compliance shoved down my throat, i think at this point i let her in on the freedom thing that bikes are all about and how that would fly in the face of it.
    There was heaps more and a supposed 10 min survey took me over 30 minutes as nearly every Q left me feeling like i was being had, i know what i wanted to answer and in context it would have been fine, but i also know how the answers are going to be translated by those that put the survey out there.
    Open ended shifty shit is what most of them were [the Q's]
    She had no doubts as to what i thought about it though.
    From here; http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=100628
  2. She doesn't care what you thought...she's only asking questions bc it's her job.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Hmm.. so OP knew what was going on, but still answered the questions? o_O :facepalm: :dead: :blackeye:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Just to clarify, I was not the one doing the survey!

5. Ok, well feel free to use my response on the other forum :ROFLMAO:
  6. and if you say your chances are high they'll swing it to push for the whole rd to be dropped to 60 to "simplify" speed zones...

this shit is lose lose... as usual
  7. and my bet is if we boycott it they'll just say we couldn't be contacted... not that we're refusing to participate in dodgy TAC surveys.
  8. If you do get called, and decide to boycott it (as you should), drop them a note on their facebook page, and send them an email. :)

Make it clear that you're not happy to play their push polling games.
  9. will do.

also.. i wonder if i get a few calls since i have a few registered bikes?

they take my money more than once, will they also take my opinion...
  10. posted the link to their facebook page letting them know we are onto their sneaky so called consultation.